LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you add a Custom Emulator?

Retro4Ever

51 minutes ago, Retro4Ever said:

I want to run an emulator that is not on the list that Launchbox gives me, so how do I correctly enter in all the fields for the Custom Emulator section?  Where do I find the info?

Unfortunately the info can be very hard to find, depending on the developer. Android sadly doesn't make it easy either. Ultimately the values depend on how the developer coded the emulator. If you can't find any information on it, then your best bet is to reach out to the developer.

I find this immensely irritating on Android, because on Windows there are no issues like this, but sadly there's nothing we can do about it. What emulator are you trying to use?

Open your Launchbox, go to Menu > Tools > Manage emulators > Add. Start typing the name of the emulator you want to add , such as RetroArch. Launchbox should automatically detect some settings. But you will still need to point Launchbox to your emulator application.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some direction about how to set up Retroarch as a custom emulator?  The listed cores for the Atari Lynx don't show the one that is actually available unless I'm missing something.

I'm using the 64bit sideload so I I believe all I would need is the package name for that and then use the core name as the activity?  Am I on the right track?  Does anyone know the 64bit sideload package code?  

Any help would be appreciated!

On 3/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, SolidSnark said:

Can anyone give me some direction about how to set up Retroarch as a custom emulator?  The listed cores for the Atari Lynx don't show the one that is actually available unless I'm missing something.

I'm using the 64bit sideload so I I believe all I would need is the package name for that and then use the core name as the activity?  Am I on the right track?  Does anyone know the 64bit sideload package code?  

Any help would be appreciated!

Setting up Retroarch specifically as a custom emulator probably isn't possible, because it requires some extra data that is unique to Retroarch. What core is missing for Atari Lynx? What cores do you have in the list?