LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade system slows to a crawl

Aj67

Hi,

I have paid version running Big Box on my cab, for the most part everything is working killer. The issue occurs if I leave the system on all day,  not sure exactly when it occurs. Let's say I turn the cab on it 10am for a party, people play throughout the day, cab is sitting there running in attract mode when not being used. 10pm I go to play a game and the system is at a crawl, button press takes 5 minutes to show results, cant move within the interface the system is just loaded up. CTRL, ALT,DEL takes 4 - 6 minutes to show up to get to task manager, eventually i can get exit out of Big Box. Windows 10 is the same, trying to navigate to shut down is painful system just gets unusable. I hold down the power button to turn it off. It's the only thing I can do. If I immediately fire it back up once off. Big Box runs killer.... no issues. As I mentioned I'm not sure at what point after being on it actually starts loading up. 2, 3 hours I know is just fine. Is it my rig? not good enough specs?  

AMD Phenom II X4 850 3.2 GHz Proc
8 GB RAM
2TB Seagate Barracuda HD 
Radeon 6800 - Mem: 1024 GDDR5
Windows 10 x64
Windows native virus crap disabled.

Big Box - Default theme
MAME - 3500 games
DAPHNE - 5 games

Thanks,

Aj67

Edited by Aj67

Sounds like a memory leak of some kind though where from I cannot say, could be from BigBox or maybe some other software you may have running in the background (if you have other software running as well).

First thing I would try is running it with attract mode disabled and see if the same issue persists.

Just now, Aj67 said:

I was thinking the same on the mem leak, Will disable and give it a go. Appreciate the quick reply.

Windows 10 and Big Box is all that's running on this machine.

Thanks,

Aj67

What video player are you using? If windows media player try switching to VLC in the options/videos section of Bigbox.

not sure on the video player, under videos it says: Video Playback Engine (VLC Recommended) does that meant that's what's being used? As for the theme, it's definitely the default Big Box one. I disabled attract, I'll leave it on all day and see how it acts.

Thanks!

Disabling attract mode took care of the problem, I left it running all day and overnight, checking it periodically throughout the day It worked fine. Checked it this morning and the games fired up fine and I could navigate without any issues.

no attract mode for me, oh well.

**Resolved**

Thanks,
Aj67