LaunchBox Community Forums

Old versions download & keyboard config

originalcopycat

Hi guys,

Just setup Launchbox for the first time on my Bartop Cabinet and I have a couple of issues:

1) I don't have a mouse attached (I'm using an iPac keyboard interface) and whilst I have the P1 Joystick mapped to the arrow keys, because a game is not selected automatically when Launchbox starts, I can't select games without first selecting one with a mouse - how have others overcome this?  The other issue is I can't see a way to map a custom key to game launching, as I don't have the ENTER key mapped to any button.

2)I  bought Premium a while back and I can't find out how to download the version I bought (or rather the latest one I'm entitled to)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

James.

Edited by originalcopycat

Through you I-Pac setup, you should be able to set up 'key' combinations (if it wasn't setup by default already).  i.e.  I have an (old) I-Pac/2 in my cab.   When you press "Player 1 Start" and "Player 1 Coin" buttons at the same time, it's send "Enter".  And then also, "Player 1 Start" and "Play/Pause" buttons pressed at the same time send "Escape".  Not sure about setting up the joystick.  Sounds like (for when in LaunchBox vs BigBox), you need to set up a "Tab" button-combination (or just use the keyboards Tab key, if handy) to get you into the games section, then you can move around with the joystick.

As for question #2, make sure have your personalized "License.xml" file in your LaunchBox directory.  Then to get the latest release, in LaunchBox, select "Tools", "Options" and be sure to have "Check for Updates...." checked.image.thumb.png.b8a3d0a10b440c240aa450c69cc144cc.png 

4 hours ago, originalcopycat said:

2) I bought Premium a while back and I can't find out how to download the version I bought (or rather the latest one I'm entitled to)?

For the license this would depend on if you bought the year or lifetime. If you bought the year you are only entitled to use the versions you download while the license was active. It does not entitle you to all versions released in that year, only the ones you actually downloaded during that time.

If you bought lifetime, well none of that matters as you can use any updates since you bought the license.

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

For the license this would depend on if you bought the year or lifetime. If you bought the year you are only entitled to use the versions you download while the license was active. It does not entitle you to all versions released in that year, only the ones you actually downloaded during that time.

If you bought lifetime, well none of that matters as you can use any updates since you bought the license.

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Ok, understood (it actually says on the site you're entitled to versions up to 1 year from purchase date), but regardless - where do I download the latest version I'm entitled to, please?

11 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Through you I-Pac setup, you should be able to set up 'key' combinations (if it wasn't setup by default already).  i.e.  I have an (old) I-Pac/2 in my cab.   When you press "Player 1 Start" and "Player 1 Coin" buttons at the same time, it's send "Enter".  And then also, "Player 1 Start" and "Play/Pause" buttons pressed at the same time send "Escape".  Not sure about setting up the joystick.  Sounds like (for when in LaunchBox vs BigBox), you need to set up a "Tab" button-combination (or just use the keyboards Tab key, if handy) to get you into the games section, then you can move around with the joystick.

As for question #2, make sure have your personalized "License.xml" file in your LaunchBox directory.  Then to get the latest release, in LaunchBox, select "Tools", "Options" and be sure to have "Check for Updates...." checked.image.thumb.png.b8a3d0a10b440c240aa450c69cc144cc.png 

Awesome - thanks - I don't remember seeing that in iPac, but I'll check tonight.  Thanks :)

Regarding the license, I can't use the latest version as my license is from a while back and I don't have the installation media for that versoin - I'm trying to locate the download link for the latest version I am entitled to.   When I upload my license file to the website it says "Updates expire on: Friday, August 10, 2018" , so I think that means I can use up to v8.3 as the site says "Version 8.3 - Released June 6, 2018".  Thanks again for any help here.