LaunchBox Community Forums

RA Not Saving Controls (Fixed)

flatuswalrus

I apologize as I have asked a few questions lately and they all seem like pretty simple straight forward things but for the life of me some of them as simple as they seem I just cannot figure out. Yesterday I spent about four straight hours changing all my previous custom configs over to this new core and directory override system.

As I mentioned before I have been away from LB for a year or so as I had a busy schedule for a while and upon getting back into it there are so many issues despite not having changed anything. However, I know a year is a long time and there have been lots of improvement and changes in that time.

I am trying to map the controls for a platform (Genesis)  today and they will not save. I have it set to Device Type: Joypad Auto, Analog to Digital Type: Left Analog and Device Type: Fighting Commander. I remap all the button and it works during the game. Then if I exit RA and go back into it the controls no longer work. I have it set to save on exit and after I remap the controls I also manually save via the Quick Menu > Overrides. Just wondering if there is something new to RA since I have been gone or if there might be something obvious to someone else. Also, for whatever reason my FC controller's home button no longer works to exit a game. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Dane

Besides what is in my configs folder are there any RA files I can delete which might be interfering with mapping my controls. I was wondering if there might be any old settings interfering with a new way RA maps controls. I have been trying for the last two hours and am about to throw my computer out the window.

Im by no way or means an expert at RA or launchbox but just wanted to share my experience as it sounds like the same issue I had pulling my hair out for a longtime on this where loaded a game saved overrides etc exited the game and the controls were back to what they were when loaded again, ended up being very simple thing that I missed. Launchbox was simply loading up an older config via the extra command line parameters and not the one that was saved recently in RA, the command line is no longer required you can just select the core you are using and should work, I deleted the command line parameter found in the edit emulator window and hey presto it worked after a lot of headaches ? hope this helps 

LB.png

2 minutes ago, Napalm2016 said:

Im by no way or means an expert at RA or launchbox but just wanted to share my experience as it sounds like the same issue I had pulling my hair out for a longtime on this where loaded a game saved overrides etc exited the game and the controls were back to what they were when loaded again, ended up being very simple thing that I missed. Launchbox was simply loading up an older config via the extra command line parameters and not the one that was saved recently in RA, the command line is no longer required you can just select the core you are using and should work, I deleted the command line parameter found in the edit emulator window and hey presto it worked after a lot of headaches ? hope this helps 

I appreciate your suggestion very much but unfortunately I had already done that so it is not the issue:

image.thumb.png.c695809b92263748c64244fb7d331999.png

42 minutes ago, Napalm2016 said:

Ah that's a shame hope you find your solution RA is finicky beast

Thank you. Yeah, RA is a right proper pain. I mean, I love it when it is cooperating as it can do wonders but when it plays up it really plays up. You can set MAME up and leave it for years only to return and it was as you left it. If you sneeze whilst using RA it acts like you have just killed its' first born.

8 minutes ago, Dane said:

Can anyone tell me after I have mapped the controls am I supposed to save it via the new overrides method found in quick start > overrides?

No in the quick menu/controls section is also a "save core remap" or "save game remap" etc, so use those.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

No in the quick menu/controls section is also a "save core remap" or "save game remap" etc, so use those.

Thank you. I just tried that and it did not work. The controls were not saved. So, when you save via the method you mentioned what folder does it save that to and in the input menu will wither of these tamper with manually mapped controls?: 'remap binds for this core' and/or 'autoconfig'.

Thank you kindly.

3 minutes ago, Dane said:

Thank you. I just tried that and it did not work. The controls were not saved. So, when you save via the method you mentioned what folder does it save that to and in the input menu will wither of these tamper with manually mapped controls?: 'remap binds for this core' and/or 'autoconfig'.

Thank you kindly.

image.thumb.png.b7d19c6b0aa3815321b1a4bd23b57541.pngimage.thumb.png.b3182018fd4613cc9a9981ee06f50d29.png

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

image.thumb.png.b7d19c6b0aa3815321b1a4bd23b57541.png

Thank you very much. My remaps folder is empty except for 'Genesis Plus GX' as that is the platform I am trying to map so that is all good. Inside that folder is a temp file with the following:

input_libretro_device_p1 = "1"
input_libretro_device_p2 = "1"
input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "1"
input_player2_analog_dpad_mode = "0"

I wonder why mine is not saving then.

I uninstalled everything, everything being RA, LB, controller drivers etc and everything is working fine now. There was something funky on my setup somewhere but I did not figure out where it is. I only have one question now regarding saving controller inputs, where exactly does it save to? Just for my own curiosity, thanks.