LaunchBox Community Forums

Black Screen Loading BigBox

deyone78

Disabled startup screen in options.

1) I select game in console menu.

2) I press PLAY in overview screen.

3) Says it's loading.

4) Reverts back to game overview screen with game sounds playing in background (the menu is now also frozen and I have to press escape for it to register my inputs).

Really want to to use this BigBox licence.

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

Looks like you are using RocketLauncher. This could be the underlying issue. There could be something setup wrong in RL. Can you try running your arcade games without RocketLauncher using just Mame and BigBox?

Also did you set this all up or is this one of those pre-made builds that was downloaded?

2 minutes ago, deyone78 said:

Ah. I see. It's a pretty popular pre-made build so I figured this would go a little smoother. I'm still learning.

Any advice?

We do not provide support for pre-built builds as we simply have no idea how it has been setup and what other tools are also being used. This is the problem with pre-builts, you have no idea what went into setting it up, and therefore how to fix it when something breaks. When setting up your own build you will learn how things work, and how things connect together, making troubleshooting and fixing it easier as you understand the process more.

41 minutes ago, deyone78 said:

Ah. I see. It's a pretty popular pre-made build so I figured this would go a little smoother. I'm still learning.

Any advice?

My advice (Much like @neil9000 gave you) if you are going to use that build is to get rid of RocketLauncher and use the roms from that set to start setting up your own emulators of choice to use with LB/BB. Not that RL is a bad thing it is just one extra layer that is not really needed and makes troubleshooting a bit of a chore. It has some good benefits especially for hard things to emulate like some Arcade systems (Sega Ring Wide/Edge for example). But even those can be run without RL in BigBox.

We can then easily provide any help setting up for example just your arcade roms with Mame or your consoles with Retroarch a lot easier.