LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame shows graphics issues with launchbox

monicapo

Hi. I have a problem. If I launch mame ROMs with mame emulator, ROMs work fine, but if I launch mame ROMs with launchbox (with the same mame emulator), ROMs show graphics problems.

Can I configure any options un mame ir launchbox to fix this problem?

3 hours ago, monicapo said:

Hi. I have a problem. If I launch mame ROMs with mame emulator, ROMs work fine, but if I launch mame ROMs with launchbox (with the same mame emulator), ROMs show graphics problems.

Can I configure any options un mame ir launchbox to fix this problem?

What type of graphics problems? That's not very descriptive so it is hard to tell you what can be done. Are these game play graphic issues or bezel grahpic issues. Can you share a pic.

Are you using standard command line mame or something MameUI?

I suspect that the command line options you set in LB for MAME are not the same you are using directly with MAME.

As Retro808, are you using command line MAME or MAMEUI or another variant?If you are seeing diagonal lines across the screen in MAME, it's like a problem with missing artwork be used by a MAME layout file.

4 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

If you are seeing diagonal lines across the screen in MAME, it's like a problem with missing artwork be used by a MAME layout file.

It's exactly the problem. Diagonal lines across  the screen. Then is a mame configuration into Emulator Manager from Launchbox?

There is something wrong with the artwork file for that game.

I don't know where you got your artwork pack, but if you go into MAME directory -> artwork look for a folder or a zip file named exactly the same as your rom. (If you are using the standard MAME locations)

If you remove it the problem should be gone, but obviously no artwork. You can re-download artwork for that game from many different sources. You can also inspect the lay file within that folder or zip and see what image file it is pointing to and possibly fix it. Option 1 is likely easier.

That does not look like the same diagonal lines @Headrush69 was talking about. If it was an artwork issue it would be a static line since the artwork is just an image overlay. Artwork issues in Mame usually look like the image below (static diagonal lines). Does that affect show up on every game? If so maybe try changing the video driver your mame is using.

image.thumb.png.ff8a03e4a1cb89bc59a675f201900123.png

21 hours ago, Retro808 said:

That does not look like the same diagonal lines @Headrush69 was talking about. If it was an artwork issue it would be a static line since the artwork is just an image overlay. Artwork issues in Mame usually look like the image below (static diagonal lines). Does that affect show up on every game? If so maybe try changing the video driver your mame is using.

image.thumb.png.ff8a03e4a1cb89bc59a675f201900123.png

It's true, those lines are not the same problem.

Dots appear on my screen and go down diagonally.

image.png

image.png

Edited by monicapo