LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame High Scores Not Saving

Moleburt

GOOD NEWS! I figured out the problem (kind of) I moved all my ini folder files into a backup folder, and once I moved those everything worked with the hiscores. I think the previously generated game ini files were just overriding the main mame.ini file, luckily I don't think I was actually using any of the ini files for anything, I have the artwork set up with the bezel project and then all the games I needed to adjust configs for I did, but nothing I have done has involved doing anything with ini files. I think I am still going to update to the newest romset just to have a no nag version that doesn't have the white boxes again, I already got a .219 setup and know that it doesn't have the boxes. Thanks for all your help the last couple of days @JoeViking245 and @Retro808 . Hopefully I'll eventually know enough to be the one answering peoples questions too!

• Like 1

@JoeViking245 It was some random game ones, I think when I was first learning how to set up Mame I was trying to figure out how to save bezel settings (before I learned of bezel project) and the ini files were from that, and I just carried them over from my previous mame versions when I would update. That’s the only thing I can think for why I had any, because getting rid of them did nothing lol. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

With MAME version 0.232 (and maybe beyond) you also need to set json to '1' in the plugin.ini file for the hiscore to work properly.

Posting that here because I couldn't find the answer anywhere and this is the first thing that comes up on google.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, vanfidel said:

With MAME version 0.232 (and maybe beyond) you also need to set json to '1' in the plugin.ini file for the hiscore to work properly.

Posting that here because I couldn't find the answer anywhere and this is the first thing that comes up on google.

Hi, can you elaborate on this? I don’t have a plugin.ini anywhere and I am having this issue with MAME 0.232

16 hours ago, SuperOkazaki said:

Hi, can you elaborate on this? I don’t have a plugin.ini anywhere and I am having this issue with MAME 0.232

In the root mame folder there should be the plugin.ini file. I ran mame once first so it made all files with the default settings.

3 hours ago, vanfidel said:

In the root mame folder there should be the plugin.ini file. I ran mame once first so it made all files with the default settings.

Yeah I’m just puzzled because I don’t have that. I’ve been using MAME frequently and that file is nowhere to be found. I’m using just the regular MAME 0.232, no mods or anything.

23 hours ago, SuperOkazaki said:

I don’t have that.

Open stand alone MAME, double click Plugins, double click Return to Previous Menu.  "plugins.ini" will now be in the root folder of your MAME installation.

And as an option to editing the 'plugin.ini' file, since you'll be in the Plugins menu, you can simply switch ON both Hiscore support and json library.