LaunchBox Community Forums

Accidently now have same bezel/overlay!!!

floodie

hi guys - Within my Megadrive (Genesis) set for some reason most of my games load with Streets of Rage 2 as my overlay / Bezel. Its driving me mad!.

Every time i load a game, i open retroarch and goto overlays, and it says under "Overlay Preset" "Streets of rage 2"!... I have 800 Megadrive roms, I have ALL of the overlays but for some reason it is insisting on showing this one most times. I dont want to have to go through every single game and change to the right one.  I DOnt quite get why it isnt doing it EVERY time though. I would say its just over 50% of the time.. So pretty much most of the time.

There must be a Path i can set where it looks in the overlay folder for a file with the same name as the Rom. Ive no idea where that is.

I just want for megadrive overlays for it to look in my Overlays/Megadrive folder and match with the rom name, and thats it..

Please help! :)

thanks

Is this using retroarch?  I constantly had problems with retroarch using a previous overlay for the next core/game I launched even though I only hit "save core override"  Which is not supposed to make a global change, but did anyways lol.  I ended up having to make a base clear config and copy it so that once I was done doing all the core override stuff, I could delete the config that had the last overlay still in it, and replace it with the copy I made of the clean/clear base config.

Hey thanks Damageinc - yes its retroarch, sounds like a nightmare you had... Wow i really hope there is a way to solve this seemingly simple problem. All i need to do is to wipe clear it thinking to use Streets of Rage 2 as the overlay for every rom... There has to be a config file or Path structure somewhere.. :(:(

really hoping someone can help me here

Sounds like you have 'save on exit' set to true in Retroarch. If so, toggle it to off/false. This means you will have to manually save the default settings to retroarch.cfg manually, when/if needed.

To reset the behavior you are seeing, exit Retroarch, then edit retroarch.cfg in your text editor of choice. Search for input_overlay and see if you have a value save there. If so, delete the value, then save/exit your edit session.

- Ok so i set "Save on exit" to false, and then went into overrides and "saved the core". - So that is done.

- Regarding the Retroarch.CFG, this is what i have in the input_overlay section - What is "Master of weapon"?, in terms of why is it there? I am not seeing  that game bezel at all repeatidly.. Also note that there is NO Streets of rage2 bezel noted?!

input_overlay = ":\overlays/GameBezels/Megadrive/Master of Weapon (Japan).cfg"
input_overlay_enable = "true"
input_overlay_enable_autopreferred = "true"
input_overlay_hide_in_menu = "true"
input_overlay_next = "nul"
input_overlay_next_axis = "nul"
input_overlay_next_btn = "nul"
input_overlay_next_mbtn = "nul"
input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"
input_overlay_scale = "1.050000"

one other thing Dragon to add to the mix..... Because this Sega core controls my Master system, and Game gear systems as well as Megadrive I am getting some mixed over bezels too... For instance, i just loaded Chuck rock on the megadrive, yet got the Chuck rock Master system bezel (Andre aggassi tennis did the same thing so there will be alot more).

I have a Gamebezels / Megadrive folder, and a Gamebezels / master system folder.... Each bezel is different... I just want to know how i point my Megadrive Core to only read whats in the Megadrive bezels folder.. that would fix it all.. So frustrating :(

I would usually use, say, the chuck rock bezel however it says "Master system" on it so its not right when playing on a Megadrive.

23 hours ago, floodie said:

one other thing Dragon to add to the mix..... Because this Sega core controls my Master system, and Game gear systems as well as Megadrive I am getting some mixed over bezels too... For instance, i just loaded Chuck rock on the megadrive, yet got the Chuck rock Master system bezel (Andre aggassi tennis did the same thing so there will be alot more).

I have a Gamebezels / Megadrive folder, and a Gamebezels / master system folder.... Each bezel is different... I just want to know how i point my Megadrive Core to only read whats in the Megadrive bezels folder.. that would fix it all.. So frustrating :(

I would usually use, say, the chuck rock bezel however it says "Master system" on it so its not right when playing on a Megadrive.

You need to create content directory overrides in Retroarch if you are using a core for multiple systems. Ref: https://docs.libretro.com/guides/overrides/

Ive read this, it doesnt explain where or how to tell each of the content directories (megadrive,gamegear,master system) to simply look at either of the 3 systems bezels folder and match the bezel to the rom name when loading. All i can do is load a game>go into overlays and pick ONE SPECIFIC GAME Its crazy, when you save that as a content directory it of course uses that one game bezel for ALL bezels! Which is ridiculous, I find it amazing only you have even tried to help spread over this and another thread. No one obviously knows.

Simply, when megadrive loads a game i want the system to look in my bezels\megadrive folder and pick the bezel that matches the rom. Some kind of path structure, easy!..Just like the way the bezel project is meant to work. Cant see anywhere in any of the cfg files (both ra.cfg and the core_name/configs/contentdirector.cfgs)

Perhaps ill just reinstall the bezel project pack and hope it rewrites everything correctly again

Edited by floodie