LaunchBox Community Forums

Download content like emumovies

Joe35car

Ok noob question. I have all the artwork, videos etc. I'm a member of emumovies and have everything for my HyperSpin setup. I just purchased the license for Bigbox and I don't want to download everything again during setup. Can I point this to my current directory where I have all my files like game videos. Artwork etc? 

Thanks 

Edited by Joe35car

13 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can point LB to your media but it will be a bit tedious since you have to do it for each platform and media type by editing the platform in LB.

You can also move / copy your media into the default Launchbox folder structure.

Can I install launchbox outside of my C drive? I like to use my 3 8TB HDD for my roms,  artwork, videos etc. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Lordmonkus said:

You can install it pretty much anywhere you want, in fact i'd always recommend installing to any drive but ? drive.

The happy drive? Awww, I wanted to install to that one. But seriously, good advice, I have all my games stored on a 10TB drive, and LB works great there. To those wondering why I need so much space: LaunchBox; Steam; Epic; UPlay; Blizzard; GOG; itch.io; Oculus;  etc., and a bunch of mods. I may be going overboard on my game collection. Ah well, that's a job for another day. Wait... did @Joe35car say "THREE" 8 TB Hard drives? Holy Toledo (From one of my favorite games of all time, guess it right, and you get a gold star!), that's WAY more games than I have. Y'know, that actually makes me feel a little better about my self, thanks for the reality check there.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gamyr said:

The happy drive? Awww, I wanted to install to that one. But seriously, good advice, I have all my games stored on a 10TB drive, and LB works great there. To those wondering why I need so much space: LaunchBox; Steam; Epic; UPlay; Blizzard; GOG; itch.io; Oculus;  etc., and a bunch of mods. I may be going overboard on my game collection. Ah well, that's a job for another day. Wait... did @Joe35car say "THREE" 8 TB Hard drives? Holy Toledo (From one of my favorite games of all time, guess it right, and you get a gold star!), that's WAY more games than I have. Y'know, that actually makes me feel a little better about my self, thanks for the reality check there.

Been collecting for over 10 years form rom sites that are no longer with us. A moment of silence......................But a few have popped up that are hidden.  :)

• Unusual Gem 1

Ah. Methinks I understand.

26 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Been collecting for over 10 years form rom sites that are no longer with us. A moment of silence......................But a few have popped up that are hidden.  :)

Over 10 years, huh? I've been doing it for a bit longer, off and on, but my files always end up on a corrupted drive, or something happens that I haven't foreseen. The games I have right now, I've collected over time, but am sorely missing some of the sites that used to be out there. I also haven't collected that many games for newer systems, or even some older ones that I didn't feel a need to have at the moment (Atari Jaguar; Sega Saturn; Sega Dreamcast; Vectrex; VirtualBoy; etc.) I'm glad you have all of those games, that's a treasure trove the likes of which I can only dream of. Take good care of them, you don't want anything to happen to your precious collection (I should know, it's happened to me more than once). You, my friend, are a true collector, and I'm humbled that I use the same software as such as the likes of you. To paraphrase Wayne and Garth: "I'm not worthy!". Have a good rest of whatever part of time it is in your timezone. You've made me smile, and truly, you are one of the 1% (and I'm using that in a fond way) that others can only hope to aspire to. Thanks for the sense of serenity I have right now. If I could, I'd buy you a drink, alcoholic, non alcoholic, doesn't matter to me, I just want to say that you've verily made my day. Have a good one. Stay sane, and stay safe.

IMG_0041.JPG

• Like 1

hi guys.

Not sure if this post is active or if im in the right place.

I have been downloading all the metadata, images, manuals etc for all my platforms I am member of emu and LB. i have ran out of room on my ssd and want to move everything over to my hdd.

Does any1 have a simple step by step I can follow change rom paths, move folders over to new storage etc?

cheers

4 minutes ago, blackboxingcat said:

hi guys.

Not sure if this post is active or if im in the right place.

I have been downloading all the metadata, images, manuals etc for all my platforms I am member of emu and LB. i have ran out of room on my ssd and want to move everything over to my hdd.

Does any1 have a simple step by step I can follow change rom paths, move folders over to new storage etc?

cheers

If you have it set up like in the YouTube Tutorials, all you’d have to do is move the whole folder over. That’s what I did when my harddrive was corrupting.

I believe so, (if you used the local folder paths (../emulators), otherwise that’s a lot more work. Find out, and if you used that syntax, just move the main folder, and all will be good. Oh, yeah... this only works if you have your emulators/games/etc. stored in the main folder. Otherwise, maybe a good YouTube tutorial could set you straight.

Edited by Gamyr
More clarity.