LaunchBox Community Forums

Ipac2 control of launchbox

johnnyskullhead

Hi Sorry to ask

Just made Controller with 2 sticks and 6 button setup controlled via ipac 2 downloaded latest firmware

got Mame and Retroarch working fine with sticks n buttons but i cannot get games to run via buttons on controller

i can navigate Launchbox main screen and change game with sticks but when i press buttons nothing

i tried to remap buttons but it wont recognise any buttons presses

works fine with mouse or keyboard

any help would be appreciated

What do you mean by "can't get the games to run"?  Are you meaning launch (start) a game from LaunchBox by pressing a button?  When you use the keyboard to launch/start a game, I assume it's by pressing the Enter key.

Unless you reconfigured the IPAC to be seen as an XInput device, you won't be able to map it as a "controller" in LaunchBox.  By default, the IPAC is seen as a keyboard (as opposed to an XInput or DInput device).

The joystick works because it's (usually) always seen as Up/Down/Left/Right keys.

5 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

What do you mean by "can't get the games to run"?  Are you meaning launch (start) a game from LaunchBox by pressing a button?  When you use the keyboard to launch/start a game, I assume it's by pressing the Enter key.

Unless you reconfigured the IPAC to be seen as an XInput device, you won't be able to map it as a "controller" in LaunchBox.  By default, the IPAC is seen as a keyboard (as opposed to an XInput or DInput device).

The joystick works because it's (usually) always seen as Up/Down/Left/Right keys.

Hi Mate

Thanks for reply

Yes they will not Launch via Button input on Controller , but will run fine via Mouse or keyboard input

Games control fine in Emulators

So would you recommend going X-Input ?

I did try setting it ti X-Input but could not get it to change , do you know button press sequence ?

Thanks

Dean

You say you have it working in MAME just fine.  Do you then have a button for Player 1 Start and another button for Player 1 Coin?   (aside from the 6 action buttons you indicated).  If you do, by default, the IPAC in keyboard mode has the Player 1 Start button also act as a modifier.  So if you press and hold Player 1 Start, and then press Player 1 Coin, it will send "Enter".  So it works just like a button combination you might set up for your XBox 360 controller. (Again noting the IPAC is seen as a keyboard whereas the 360 is seen as an XInput device.)

You can test if your IPAC is still in keyboard mode by opening Notepad (or similar) and press buttons 5 and 6.  Those should be assigned to the letters "X" and "Z".  If nothing appears or gets typed in Notepad, try pressing all the buttons. ?

Hi Johnny.S.H

I have an Ipac also and when running Hyperspin back along it worked just fine

Now that I have downloaded Launchbox and just starting to work out how it goes together etc I to have a problem with my Ipac

I have a delay on 1 button on the joystick ( F key currently assigned to down)

my question is how do you change the Ipac to Xinput ??

any help would be great

Cheers

B.

thanks for your reply !!

I built my arcade machine quite a few years ago 2009 approx and just checked.. i have a mini pac oops! my bad !!

it will be quicker and easier i think to swap a key over as I mapped the Launch box config controls on to player 2 and it works faultless

quick question...

is there a tutorial about migrating from one frontend over to another ? as I am trying to swapp all my "stuff" from HS over to BB

every time i look at a system it takes me to the download media section, but dont want to do that as i already have the majority.

p.s i only get a couple of hrs each evening to fiddle

cheers anyway !!