LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch won't load games

scolink

Hello,

I´ve been working on set up of my lauchbox + retroarch, but im facing a problem, when i click in the game, the game wont load and not open.

I use this video to set up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6LYInn8xOI e made everything correct and not works,

I´ve downloaded the cores of emulators and has it in cores folder, but in launchbox when im going to put the parameters -L "cores\nestopia_libretro.dll" i click in ok, then when i open the emulator it wont save that info, appears empty the parameters.

I´ve check the name of console and its equal the name, i dont know what to do anymore, can someoone please help me ?

Regards

7 minutes ago, scolink said:

Hello,

I´ve been working on set up of my lauchbox + retroarch, but im facing a problem, when i click in the game, the game wont load and not open.

I use this video to set up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6LYInn8xOI e made everything correct and not works,

I´ve downloaded the cores of emulators and has it in cores folder, but in launchbox when im going to put the parameters -L "cores\nestopia_libretro.dll" i click in ok, then when i open the emulator it wont save that info, appears empty the parameters.

I´ve check the name of console and its equal the name, i dont know what to do anymore, can someoone please help me ?

Regards

You dont need to put anything in the command line, you pick it from the dropdown.

image.thumb.png.4ce9dd8c5b3bc51aac621c3ffdab7c7d.png

15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You dont need to put anything in the command line, you pick it from the dropdown.

image.thumb.png.4ce9dd8c5b3bc51aac621c3ffdab7c7d.png

Ok, i´ve selected the core, but anytime when i click in the game to open, the game simply dont load nothing happens, its very weird.

The retroarch dont open the game and i have the cores in the folder and selected the cores.

I follow the video and its not working, probably is missing some step or i dont know, i really love to put this working with retroarch 100%

If someone can really help me to fix this i appreciate

19 minutes ago, scolink said:

Some images of set up retroarch in launchbox

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Someone can help me because when i click in the game, the game dont open

nucleo ausente = core missing, right? You need to download the cores from Retroarch :)

1. Start Retroarch
2. Choose Online Update

3. Choose the cores you need from "Core updater"

Some cores requires files, (like bios) to work and they go in Retroarch/System

And they've recently added the great option of "Update Installed cores" which is really great. But you need to download them first-time before you can use that.

Edited by kurzih

Just now, kurzih said:

nucleo ausente = core missing, right? You need to download the cores from Retroarch :)

1. Start Retroarch
2. Choose Online Update

3. Choose the cores you need from "Core updater"

And they've recently added the great option of "Update Installed cores" which is really great. But you need to download them first-time before you can use that.

Yes, nucleo ausente = core missing,

But has you can see im only testing the NES system, and that one its not missing, because the dll core that i download from retroarch is in the folder, but when i want to start the game nothing happens

3 minutes ago, scolink said:

Yes, nucleo ausente = core missing,

But has you can see im only testing the NES system, and that one its not missing, because the dll core that i download from retroarch is in the folder, but when i want to start the game nothing happens

Can't think of much here, unless there's a bios missing

Edited by kurzih

9 minutes ago, scolink said:

Its necessary BIOS for NES system ? Where i have to put bios of nes if exists ?

In Retroarch/System. But many cores can work without them, I think you can check the requirements here: https://libretro.readthedocs.io/en/latest/library/nestopia_ue/

I think I found your issue, from that link there is this warning:

Nestopia UE requires the NstDatabase.xml for general proper emulation. Make sure it's in RetroArch's system directory.

Filename Description md5sum
NstDatabase.xml Nestopia UE Database file - Required  
disksys.rom Family Computer Disk System BIOS - Required for Famicom Disk System emulation ca30b50f880eb660a320674ed365ef7a

And to double check also:
Is you system in Launbox called "Nintendo Entertainment System" as it is in the associated platforms? If it's a different name (like just NES), then it won't find the proper core.

EDIT: the NSTdatabase.xml link doesn't work for me at libretro's docs, but there's been a conversation here in the Forum where you can find it:

Edited by kurzih

5 minutes ago, kurzih said:

In Retroarch/System. But many cores can work without them, I think you can check the requirements here: https://libretro.readthedocs.io/en/latest/library/nestopia_ue/

I think I found your issue, from that link there is this warning:

Nestopia UE requires the NstDatabase.xml for general proper emulation. Make sure it's in RetroArch's system directory.

Filename Description md5sum
NstDatabase.xml Nestopia UE Database file - Required  
disksys.rom Family Computer Disk System BIOS - Required for Famicom Disk System emulation ca30b50f880eb660a320674ed365ef7a

And to double check also:
Is you system in Launbox called "Nintendo Entertainment System" as it is in the associated platforms? If it's a different name (like just NES), then it won't find the proper core.

I put the file in retroarch system folder, restart LB but the game still not working, the name os platforms its equal, i have the cores, i have everything but the game wont load, its very weird, this must but a step that i can solution, i really need help because id like to get this working 100%

1 hour ago, scolink said:

I put the file in retroarch system folder, restart LB but the game still not working, the name os platforms its equal, i have the cores, i have everything but the game wont load, its very weird, this must but a step that i can solution, i really need help because id like to get this working 100%

I did not see this mentioned so going to ask.

Do your game play in Retroarch if you run them directly in Retroarch without using Launchbox?

35 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I did not see this mentioned so going to ask.

Do your game play in Retroarch if you run them directly in Retroarch without using Launchbox?

If i run them direclty it works on retroarch, but if i use retroarch in LB do not work and dont load the game...its weird. I really want to put this working, but i need help

52 minutes ago, scolink said:

If i run them direclty it works on retroarch, but if i use retroarch in LB do not work and dont load the game...its weird. I really want to put this working, but i need help

Ok then that is definitely a disconnect in LB settings and has nothing to do with cores or bios files. Since your game play in RA properly.

Can you right click a game for NES and edit. Then share a pic of that full edit screen showing the Launcher tab showing and then same pic with the Emulation tab showing.

Also FYI you do not need to use an image hosting site you can attach them directly to the post.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Ok then that is definitely a disconnect in LB settings and has nothing to do with cores or bios files. Since your game play in RA properly.

Can you right click a game for NES and edit. Then share a pic of that full edit screen showing the Launcher tab showing and then same pic with the Emulation tab showing.

Also FYI you do not need to use an image hosting site you can attach them directly to the post.

I think this is what you need the pictues that you ask, can you please check if everything is ok

1_2.jpg

2_2.jpg

3_2.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by scolink

55 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I do not see anything wrong in the settings. By chance does the full name of the folder path for your roms contain any special characters?

Only have an accent in the username C:\Users\André Pina\LaunchBox\Roms

And the path of retroarch have an accent too C:\Users\André Pina\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch

Edited by scolink

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It could be the accent mark in your name in the path. We have seen character letters cause issues. See something similar posted here.

But i have installed the launchbox in C:\Users\André Pina\LaunchBox this is not a problem right ?

I only have to change the path of roms and retroarch right ?