LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme video instead of snap video plays...

PanteraZombie

Not sure what I'm missing here... but some of my games will play theme videos instead of the snap video. Those games for some reason are linked to the theme video folder in the game video path, instead of the parent snaps video folder. Not sure how this happened, but I want all games to default to the snaps... and only choose to prioritize theme videos within BigBox if I change to a theme that makes sense for those. Is there a way to default all games to snap videos instead of going through each one and manually changing the game video path? Thanks in advance for any help.

29 minutes ago, PanteraZombie said:

Not sure what I'm missing here... but some of my games will play theme videos instead of the snap video. Those games for some reason are linked to the theme video folder in the game video path, instead of the parent snaps video folder. Not sure how this happened, but I want all games to default to the snaps... and only choose to prioritize theme videos within BigBox if I change to a theme that makes sense for those. Is there a way to default all games to snap videos instead of going through each one and manually changing the game video path? Thanks in advance for any help.

There is a checkbox in Bigbox to prefer theme videos, uncheck it.

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, JuanFrancisco said:

I’m having this Same exact issue. Prioritize theme Video setting is unchecked and it’s still showing the theme video when a valid snap file is available.   Check config file as well and it shows false. 

What version LB/BB are you on? 11.0 introduced video priorities setting in LB since newer video features were added. So if you are on anything 11.0 or current you will need to go into LB tools and edit the video priorities there.