LaunchBox Community Forums

Load Screen timing ?

NightShadowPT

Hi,

When I'm running BigBox, sometimes the game I'm loading takes too long (e.g.: Pinball FX3) and the loading screen drops back to the regular BigBox menu and after a few seconds it finaly loads Pinball FX3, kind of killing the ilusion of an integrated system.

It goes like this:

- Select Pinball FX3 Table I want to play from the BigBox Menu

- Loading Screen shows up

- Loading Screen fades back to the menu (making me think it has crashed or something)

- After a few seconds Pinball FX3 finally launches

Is there a way to control the time the Loading Screen is displayed? Or any other solution for this?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

That was the option I was looking for, but unfortunately it does not work entirely.

Adjusting the slider helped, but it still flashes BigBox's menu right before the game loads.

Also tried playing with "Agressive Startup Window Hiding" and "Hide All Windows that are not in Execlusive Fullscreen Mode" to no avail.

My best guess is that this could be related with the way Steam runs PinballFX3 and maybe BigBox is catching the handover between steam.exe and pinballfx3.exe as if the game has loaded.

I tried some other Steam games, and this does not happen.

I'm at a loss on how to address this at the moment, but more than happy to hear anyone else's thoughts and ideas.

Cheers. 

• 3 years later...

Folks, it doesn’t look like this was ever really addressed. The ask would be to find a way to override the max of 30 seconds (the slider) to something much longer. For example, big Buck pro takes maybe 2 min to load. I want the LB loading screen to stay active for those 2 minutes so that people (or myself) don’t believe the game crashed and/or see all the cmd windows, emulator interface, etc… is there a way to accomplish this?

On 3/1/2024 at 10:51 AM, bojo5150 said:

Folks, it doesn’t look like this was ever really addressed. The ask would be to find a way to override the max of 30 seconds (the slider) to something much longer. For example, big Buck pro takes maybe 2 min to load. I want the LB loading screen to stay active for those 2 minutes so that people (or myself) don’t believe the game crashed and/or see all the cmd windows, emulator interface, etc… is there a way to accomplish this?

This plugin should help you with the 2-minute loading issue you mentioned with BBH-Pro.  However, it will not fix issues with games/emulators that use a loader to [then] launch a game, such as Steam as mentioned by the OP. 

On 3/2/2024 at 6:04 PM, JoeViking245 said:

This plugin should help you with the 2-minute loading issue you mentioned with BBH-Pro.  However, it will not fix issues with games/emulators that use a loader to [then] launch a game, such as Steam as mentioned by the OP. 

Fantastic, thank you!

• Game On 1