LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox prioritizes beta versions

kal9000

Hey everyone,

I've noticed that launchbox is priortizing versions of roms that are BETA over the standard versions. Attached I've screens from thunderforce 3 for genesis to illustrate.

There are two versions of this ROM, and one is marked (BETA). I don't see any options around prioritizing beta versions; maybe it's defaulting to it as some sort of alphabetical sort after doing the initial region sort? I also attached region priorities screenshot, but I don't think there are any beta options there.

I've noticed this pattern persists across multiple platforms. I am on the latest launchbox, but did import a while back, so maybe there was a bug back when I imported and I should re-import everything?

Thanks, and hope you all can help!

Annotation 2020-05-14 155120.png

Annotation 2020-05-14 155040.png

Annotation 2020-05-14 155211.png

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Not sure but if you need a quick fix whenever you notice it just click the additional apps tab and change the facing game.

Thanks, but I have a library of 1000s of games, and would like to find a solution that doesn't require any manual editing of individual titles. I'm tempted to simply re-import everything from scratch and see if this was maybe a bug of a prior version of launchbox.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 4:34 AM, kal9000 said:

Thanks, but I have a library of 1000s of games, and would like to find a solution that doesn't require any manual editing of individual titles. I'm tempted to simply re-import everything from scratch and see if this was maybe a bug of a prior version of launchbox.

I feel you. It would be great if Launchbox prioritized the latest revision of each game. As of now, it is really inconsistent. Sometimes the first edition is prioritized, sometimes rev 1, 2, 3, ..., sometimes beta or demo versions.

The solution for now seems to be to filter out all the versions you don't want. Another semi-related problem is that if you want to import all regions of a game, but e.g. the Japanese title is different from the US or EU title, Launchbox will import the US/EU and the Japanese versions as separate games.

Edited by SiriusVI