LaunchBox Community Forums

Keyboard Automation with X-Arcade

Pixel_Kronicle

Hi everyone, my project is finally complete... almost! I finally have everything set up with LaunchBox and running on my cabinet. I purchased the license for BigBox and was really looking forward to the Keyboard automation feature but its not working. I have an X-Arcade tank controller (not sure of the model) and watch the tutorial and just can't get it to work as easy as it should be. I know the M1 M2 cannot be mapped or configured. I tried with D2, D4, Space etc. Does it only work with Retroarch? What am I missing. Can anyone help? Thx!

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

26 minutes ago, Pixel_Kronicle said:

Hi everyone, my project is finally complete... almost! I finally have everything set up with LaunchBox and running on my cabinet. I purchased the license for BigBox and was really looking forward to the Keyboard automation feature but its not working. I have an X-Arcade tank controller (not sure of the model) and watch the tutorial and just can't get it to work as easy as it should be. I know the M1 M2 cannot be mapped or configured. I tried with D2, D4, Space etc. Does it only work with Retroarch? What am I missing. Can anyone help? Thx!

Should work without issue. I have one on one of my older cabinets and maps fine with pretty much any emulator. M1 and M2 are mouse buttons so they do not map in many emulators. Even if you have the old version which does not have the trimode pcb you still should not have too many issues. What emulator are you having issue with? Also what specifically is the issue? Keyboard automation in BigBox is only for mapping your movement inside BigBox and then mapping options to exit an emulator, using Pause, and a few other things. Controls for a game are always mapped directly inside the emulator.

The main issue I was having was with the hold key to access pause menu, exit and volume but after playing around with it today, I realized I had issue with only some of my emulator and their input settings. It seems as though some of the input functions cannot be override by the hold button. For example, I would press my hold key then volume down but it would also put a coin in every time I pressed as it was primarily my coin button. I just moved my buttons around and got it to work.

Thank you for the help and quick response!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having this issue. i tried to use d4 as my hold button  (the right flipper button on the tankstick)  nothing happens.  This is the only way I can exit a game (close active screen) without using the pause screen using the x-arcade.  Not sure why I can't hold down 4 and 1 to exit an emulator.  or 4 and anything. 

Are you saying I need to use 2 buttons that are not used at all inside the emulator? I only have Mame, Stella, Retroarch, and Hoxs64.

The pause screen makes me nervous..spent all morning figuring out the problems with it. Hope I solved it.

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

i'm having this issue. i tried to use d4 as my hold button  (the right flipper button on the tankstick)  nothing happens.  This is the only way I can exit a game (close active screen) without using the pause screen using the x-arcade.  Not sure why I can't hold down 4 and 1 to exit an emulator.  or 4 and anything. 

Are you saying I need to use 2 buttons that are not used at all inside the emulator? I only have Mame, Stella, Retroarch, and Hoxs64.

The pause screen makes me nervous..spent all morning figuring out the problems with it. Hope I solved it.

Not sure why it will not work. That is similar to what I use (D4 and D2 "P2 Start" button). Have been using that combo for about 3 years now with BigBox.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 1.14.03 PM.png

it works now . i actually had that same combination for something else in mame and didn't know it. and i made sure i'm not using 2 or 4 in retroarch and stella. however stella is not closing properly. that's a different post.