LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't rename predefined emulators

wallmachine

That is one of the few LB likes to pre-fill things in. Only way I have seen it be something different if name is modified from just Retroarch (i.e., RetroArch1). The other way to do it is to go into the ..LaunchBox\Data\Emulators.xml

Then search for string under the Emulators listings:

<Title>Retroarch</Title>

Capture.thumb.PNG.e298648bee836e7667dd55a9d1d20c8c.PNGThen edit the Title to be what you want.  When reopen LB it will have whatever you edit here including "RetroArch" if that is what you want. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sundogak said:

That is one of the few LB likes to pre-fill things in. Only way I have seen it be something different if name is modified from just Retroarch (i.e., RetroArch1). The other way to do it is to go into the ..LaunchBox\Data\Emulators.xml

<Title>Retroarch</Title>

Capture.thumb.PNG.e298648bee836e7667dd55a9d1d20c8c.PNGThen edit the Title to be what you want.  When reopen LB it will have whatever you edit here including "RetroArch" if that is what you want. 

thought editing it might cause some issues, case sensitive? but if not easy.

As long as the title field is only area altered (which should only be one instance), the IDs and paths remain same then LB keeps maintains linkages.  I did make backup of XML just in case.  Every other emulator you can put whatever in title, it is just the autofill feature is counteracting for RA. 

• Like 1

We have certain settings pre-populated for some emulators once selected for ease of use. In order to use those settings Launchbox obviously needs to know the emulator in use to apply the correct settings, that is why it's a specific name used in this case. If any name was allowed we wouldnt know what emulator it was, in this case Retroarch so correct settings would not be auto populated.

3 hours ago, sundogak said:

As long as the title field is only area altered (which should only be one instance), the IDs and paths remain same then LB keeps maintains linkages.  I did make backup of XML just in case.  Every other emulator you can put whatever in title, it is just the autofill feature is counteracting for RA. 

it changes it on the outside but when you go into edit the emulator the pre-fill obviously goes back to Retroarch, call me OCD.

image.thumb.png.f8fa6fd0bdece1de682c2b0a55c9c03e.png

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/30/2020 at 2:31 PM, sundogak said:

<Title>Retroarch</Title>

This doesn't work anymore.. when you change it in the xml then open RetroArch emulator settings in LB and click OK it changes it again, anyone have a workaround on how we can rename our emulators to what we want?