LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox: Delay or disable hiding of game/menu wheel

Corgan

Is there a way to delay (or perhaps even completely disable) the disappearing game/menu wheel?  I'm using the Unified custom theme and I'm speaking about the circular wheel that appears when you scroll up or down (either through consoles, playlists, or games).  I just think it disappears to quickly when you stop on a game.  Is this a theme setting or global to BigBox?

5 hours ago, Corgan said:

Is there a way to delay (or perhaps even completely disable) the disappearing game/menu wheel?  I'm using the Unified custom theme and I'm speaking about the circular wheel that appears when you scroll up or down (either through consoles, playlists, or games).  I just think it disappears to quickly when you stop on a game.  Is this a theme setting or global to BigBox?

Its theme specific, there are no settings for it, you would have to get your hands dirty in the theme code.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corgan said:

I feel your pain. There are so many great themes I bypass just because of this. Unified Refried has an extra View that leaves the Clear Logo on. But it has its tradeoffs too. AllNightLong theme has some good views too.

• Thanks 1

you can modify any theme. go directly to the xml. read it understand it. then edit it.

make a backup first. i changed my opacity to 50 % instead of a 100%

this makes the buttons see though instead of disappear total.

i hope this helps

On 5/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, Corgan said:

Whatever view you are using in BigBox for the theme you will have to edit the xaml for it. In BigBox options if you go to View it will show which view for Platforms and Games you are using. You will need to edit those specific xamls. Or edit them all in case you want to change views. Use something like Notepad++. Right click and edit

Search the code for the section of code starting with <!-- FADING WHEEL --> and delete everything in that line. You also want to do the same for the section with <!-- POINTER --> and delete only the lines of code for the Opactiy (the ones highlighted in the pic).

You will need to do this for your platform view and you game view.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.56.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.01.27 PM.png

• Like 2