LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox button combo / hotkey to Shutdown PC?

3 hours ago, MarkyMarkMarkMark said:

Hi

I've got  a PC installed inside bar top cab all working good but I want to have a button combo to perform the shutdown option in BigBox so the PC gracefully shutdown and doesn't give errors when I next turn it on.

How can I do this?

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

you can't.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

will the lunch box crew develop a way cuz i want to build a lunchbox arcade pedestal and i think something like a proper shut down icon is needed within the frontend  to avoid system errors on one's pc,becuz when i build my arcade i dont want the windows desktop pop i want the view and feel of a real arcade  its kinda lame to have come to the desktop screen to press shutdown .i saw the option on a other system its kriss coolmod retro beast the shutdown icon  is within frontend.still i say excellent work to luchbox owner  and thank you all for lunch box its a excellent frontend and very user friendly.am not going nowhere else .just a tip this is how you get a shutdown icon on desktop screen right  click  then go on New  click shortcut type shutdown / s/t 0  then the next button .then right click on the shutdown shortcut click properties  then click change icon then choose the red power off icon then press apply and then press ok. now your shutdown is icon  on your screen just double click on it.you all welcome bye bye

Edited by harbibbi

2 hours ago, harbibbi said:

will the lunch box crew develop a way cuz i want to build a lunchbox arcade pedestal and i think something like a proper shut down icon is needed within the frontend  to avoid system errors on one's pc,becuz when i build my arcade i dont want the windows desktop pop i want the view and feel of a real arcade  its kinda lame to have come to the desktop screen to press shutdown .i saw the option on a other system its kriss coolmod retro beast the shutdown icon  is within frontend.still i say excellent work to luchbox owner  and thank you all for lunch box its a excellent frontend and very user friendly.am not going nowhere else .just a tip this is how you get a shutdown icon on desktop screen right  click  then go on New  click shortcut type shutdown / s/t 0  then the next button .then right click on the shutdown shortcut click properties  then click change icon then choose the red power off icon then press apply and then press ok. now your shutdown is icon  on your screen just double click on it.you all welcome bye bye

Not to over complicate things but why not just back into the main settings screen and hit “Shutdown”. Works, nice and simple. Never have to worry about someone accidentally hitting a shutdown button combo or hitting the shutdown icon if one existed. 7 years of BB in my cabs and this way has worked easily and flawlessly. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Not to over complicate things but why not just back into the main settings screen and hit “Shutdown”. Works, nice and simple. Never have to worry about someone accidentally hitting a shutdown button combo or hitting the shutdown icon if one existed. 7 years of BB in my cabs and this way has worked easily and flawlessly. 

This is what I do for my cab. I have player 1 button 2 as my back button but I enabled “hold button” to get to the main settings so it doesn’t pop up by accident. Works great on my cab! 

• Like 1