LaunchBox Community Forums

LB won't run after 11 update abortion

vgbox

Hey,

I tried to install the latest update 11 and did not have enough disk space for the update so i aborted the update then tried to open LB and it won't run. Went to the backups folder, put the zip content in the data folder, tried a few of them, LB still won't run. What would be the solution? 
I worked for about a year on my LB/BB 10TB content and definitely the last thing i want would be to start from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, vgbox said:

Hey,

I tried to install the latest update 11 and did not have enough disk space for the update so i aborted the update then tried to open LB and it won't run. Went to the backups folder, put the zip content in the data folder, tried a few of them, LB still won't run. What would be the solution? 
I worked for about a year on my LB/BB 10TB content and definitely the last thing i want would be to start from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Rerun the last working installer in your updates folder. It will not mess with any settings or imports. You could rerun the the version 11 installer, but since you aborted it that version may not install correctly. So I would try a prior version and then update again to 11.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vgbox said:

Hey,

Thanks in advance.

You should never abort any update for any program, not just Launchbox. You will end up with a mixture of new files and old files that simply do not work together. Thats just good PC usage advice, not just Launchbox.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Rerun the last working installer in your updates folder. It will not mess with any settings or imports. You could rerun the the version 11 installer, but since you aborted it that version may not install correctly. So I would try a prior version and then update again to 11.

There is no difference between running the update from within LB and running the 11 installer to install it over the existing LB folder? Isn't using the installer meant to be used for a fresh install only?

I'm too afraid to install anything over my LB folder so i installed 10.15 in a different folder and then replaced the existing 11 .exe with the 10.15 .exe and LB works again. Run 11 update from within LB and all seem fine.  

40 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You should never abort any update for any program, not just Launchbox. You will end up with a mixture of new files and old files that simply do not work together. Thats just good PC usage advice, not just Launchbox.

Won't do it again.

Edited by vgbox

2 minutes ago, vgbox said:

There is no difference between running the update from within LB and running the 11 installer to install it over the existing LB folder? Isn't using the installer meant to be used for a fresh install only?

Its perfectly safe to run the installer from the updates folder over the top of your install. It just re-installs the Launchbox files, it doesnt affect your data/images/videos etc.

• Thanks 1