LaunchBox Community Forums

Emumovies won't populate a pre-scanned game

CJDJ

So, I think I found a bug.  I imported my PS2 collection, and I forgot to name a game after the import.  During the initial media selection, Emumovies works fine.  If a game was already added to your list, and you want to download media again, the Emumovies tab remains empty. 

I just picked God of War for a test, picked "Edit", then went to the Media section and clicked "Download Media".  It shows up just fine on the LaunchBox Database tab:
image.thumb.png.31d20ff1eb24e9c6cb073999060b14b9.png

Not fine on the EmuMovies Tab:

image.thumb.png.9b8f2934b9bc08d4e888fbc0fcf06554.png.

My credentials works fine, because I already have videos for most of my games, and:
emumovies.thumb.jpg.13b577ff08aeb105a755ac250bc58ec7.jpg

During import you can selected all media types available to you via EmuMovies. In AddEdit you can only see the types that particular game has so it's entirely possible to see this. Though I did just test God of War in my build and did get results back. What is the platform and title name you are using?

As I mentioned, during import it works fine.  It's after importing that it doesn't for me.  The Platform is Sony Playstation 2 (unless you are referring to something else).  I deleted the rom, and manually dragged and dropped it back in, and the import dialogs came up (i.e. choose platform, scrape media, etc.), and that worked just fine... it got the information from Emumovies & the Launchbox database.  I'm just saying if you right click any game (whether if it's already scraped or not), choose Edit, go to the "Media" section on the left column; Click "Download Media"; the box pops up to choose what to download in the "LaunchBox Game Database" tab, then I click the "Emumovies" tab, then it says game not found.

32 minutes ago, CJDJ said:

As I mentioned, during import it works fine.  It's after importing that it doesn't for me.  The Platform is Sony Playstation 2 (unless you are referring to something else).  I deleted the rom, and manually dragged and dropped it back in, and the import dialogs came up (i.e. choose platform, scrape media, etc.), and that worked just fine... it got the information from Emumovies & the Launchbox database.  I'm just saying if you right click any game (whether if it's already scraped or not), choose Edit, go to the "Media" section on the left column; Click "Download Media"; the box pops up to choose what to download in the "LaunchBox Game Database" tab, then I click the "Emumovies" tab, then it says game not found.

What I meant is that those options during import always show regardless if what you are importing even HAS that media. Edit game it only shows items that are definitely available to you. Though I agree for this game it should show you items (and did for me)

I'm on 11.2, and I don't know what would be blocking it.  I don't have any 3rd Party AV programs that would interfere.  I just found it odd that nothing showed up when I clicked Edit.  Maybe a plugin is interfering... but the only ones I have are Steam Scraper & Youtube Scraper.

1 minute ago, CJDJ said:

I'm on 11.2, and I don't know what would be blocking it.  I don't have any 3rd Party AV programs that would interfere.  I just found it odd that nothing showed up when I clicked Edit.  Maybe a plugin is interfering... but the only ones I have are Steam Scraper & Youtube Scraper.

"What I meant is that those options during import always show regardless if what you are importing even HAS that media. Edit game it only shows items that are definitely available to you. Though I agree for this game it should show you items (and did for me)"

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

"What I meant is that those options during import always show regardless if what you are importing even HAS that media. Edit game it only shows items that are definitely available to you. Though I agree for this game it should show you items (and did for me)"

I read what he said... I understood what he said... I was trying to figure out why the options are not showing up when I click "Edit" and do a media search.  @C-Beats said it "did for me" so the I'm throwing suggestions out there as to what might be interfering.  

Typically we see issues like this for the following reasons:

A firewall is blocking traffic
HTTPS error
EmuMovies is down
Game or Platform is named wonky or the "Scrape as" is not filled out properly

I can't really help determine which is which without your data files and logs.