LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox isn't Starting

angelobodetti

Something probably happened during the installation of the update, so try going to the update folder in your launchbox folder and reinstall the latest beta and that should fix it, if not, its something with your data folder that probably got corrupted.

Edited by ea4492

On 8/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Jason Carr said:

@angelobodetti I'm not sure why the betas would've created that issue. Can you try the latest beta to see if it works? I ask because we need to figure it out if we have a real issue.

Been a while since i fired up Launchbox, and i must have had the download beta's enabled.  It downloaded and applied an update, turned out to be 11.3 beta 13.  Does the same thing, opens the initializing box and then closes, nothing in the log folder.

17 hours ago, smolz said:

Been a while since i fired up Launchbox, and i must have had the download beta's enabled.  It downloaded and applied an update, turned out to be 11.3 beta 13.  Does the same thing, opens the initializing box and then closes, nothing in the log folder.

Hi @smolz, sorry to hear. What version of Windows are you running? Were you prompted to install .NET Core 3.1 during the setup process?

53 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @smolz, sorry to hear. What version of Windows are you running? Were you prompted to install .NET Core 3.1 during the setup process?

Windows 10 Pro and it tells me Version: 2004

Do not recall anything about a .Net Core install, I can re-run the installer and see it if it does.  If it doesn't, is it something I should manually install and see if it runs then?

10 minutes ago, smolz said:

Windows 10 Pro and it tells me Version: 2004

Do not recall anything about a .Net Core install, I can re-run the installer and see it if it does.  If it doesn't, is it something I should manually install and see if it runs then?

It may have timed out when asking for admin rights during the install. Go ahead and re-run the installer and let me know if that fixes it for you. :)

15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It may have timed out when asking for admin rights during the install. Go ahead and re-run the installer and let me know if that fixes it for you. :)

The only thing that it ask admin rights for is  DirectX SDK

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, thanks. Do you happen to have any plugins installed in the LaunchBox\Plugins folder? Are you using a custom theme for LaunchBox?

Plugin folder is empty. In the theme folder I have (BigCouch, Default and Unified)

9 minutes ago, smolz said:

neither starts, big box I see a quick busy cursor but nothing else 

Thanks for helping us troubleshoot this; hopefully we can get it figured out. It's apparently some kind of system-specific issue, but I'm still not quite sure what's causing it.

Can you try installing a separate copy of LaunchBox to a different folder on your machine? That should help us determine if it's somehow a configuration issue with the LaunchBox installation, or if it's with LaunchBox itself.