LaunchBox Community Forums

SHUT DOWN on stating Launchbox

dietz33

@dietz33 I'm gonna load up a Windows 7 VM to see if I can replicate this. It's been a while since I've tested on Windows 7, in all honesty. I assume you're running a 64-bit version of Windows 7? Are you all up to date on Windows updates?

I will say that Windows 7 support is coming to an end here soon if it's not gone already (I haven't kept up on the Microsoft news on that). It may be time to upgrade.

Okay, mainstream support for Windows 8.1 ended way back in January 2018. Windows 7 support was extended to to January 2020. It seems completely backwards, but that's how Microsoft has done things. Unfortunately I'm not sure if the latest versions of LaunchBox/Big Box will work on Windows 8.1. I think they will in theory, but you probably will get subpar performance compared to Windows 10, and it might be tricky to get all the prerequisites installed correctly. So, to be honest, I would highly recommend upgrading to Windows 10 at this point.

6 hours ago, dietz33 said:

hmmm i dont know which version of LB i had, bu it worked perfektly, is it possible to downgrade it back again ?

Yes. Look in your updates folder. Past installers are there as long as you did not delete them.

Just make sure when you run it you confirm the folder it is installing to. Choose the root folder. Many times users end up installing it into a second Launchbox folder and they end up with \Launchbox\Launchbox