LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox doesn't auto-resume after exiting a game

Maxout

I'm running Launchbox 10.13 on Win 10 on a custom cabinet and have an interesting problem.

When exiting Mame64 games and going back into BigBox, the entire BigBox UI is hung until mouse 1 is pressed.  No pressing of other buttons or joysticks to scroll through the games has an effect.   In other words, the entire UI is effectively paused until M1 is clicked.  I've tried multiple themes with no luck.

This doesn't happen if I'm running retroarch+NES games.  In that case it goes right back to a 'live' Bigbox.  (Unfortunately my controllers and retroarch/libreto don't play nicely so I can't just use that)

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Let me follow up to this...  After additional troubleshooting, I've realized that exiting out of MAME64 it doesn't give focus back to Bigbox so the app doesn't start running again.  (Even though it's full screen)

Mouse click brings it to focus and running as expected.  An alt-tab does the same thing.   Exiting out of a Retroarch game works as expected, so I guess it's a quirk of MAME64...

Suggestions?

Are we talking standalone MAME?  Or MAME ran through RetroArch?

When you exit MAME, if you press the "anykey" (or...  any key) like Space[bar], does that do anything?  Or does only the mouse click or Alt-Tab work?

Is there anything out of the ordinary in the command line parameter used?  (outside of "-keyboardprovider dinput")

When you press Alt-Tab, what window are you moving away from?  (what window was holding focus)

Myself, I've never seen this happen with MAME (standalone.  I don't run it through RA) so kinda grasping at straws.