LaunchBox Community Forums

Video Playback Issue In Big Box Default Theme

CyberOcelot

I tried researching solutions for this, but couldn't find anything. One day, it briefly fixed itself, but has otherwise produced the same results every time. It's got to be something on my end of course, but haven't found anything in options menu that can help. 

Any ideas how I can get this sorted?

Here's a link to a video. I captured video recording the screen, so please excuse the quality.

Sorry to bump, but now I'm wondering if this is a bug? Anyone familiar with this issue?

I saw a random mention of a similar issue to mine by a themes creator in his download instructions while browsing. 

I'm using Big Box on big screen TV (16:9)

Video playback works great if I change it to full screen background. But of course, that looks terrible. 

Any advice or info appreciated.

TIA :)

Just a wild stab since works fine on my end. Have you toggled/checked your video player settings in LB?   Does it happen on other themes or just default? The video is scaling to TV size and not the theme window. Have you tried changing resolution on TV (not a fix, but just to see if glitch there). 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f2af8c6c8f6724dca474c688af5f7023.PNG

Thanks for trying to help me out. :)

45 minutes ago, sundogak said:

Just a wild stab since works fine on my end. Have you toggled/checked your video player settings in LB?   Does it happen on other themes or just default? The video is scaling to TV size and not the theme window. Have you tried changing resolution on TV (not a fix, but just to see if glitch there). 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f2af8c6c8f6724dca474c688af5f7023.PNG

That wild stab does reveal some info I failed to share, actually. But, I still have the issue, unfortunately. :(

I installed VLC after seeing this checkbox in the options. I'm running VLC at default. When I went back to double check after reading your post, VLC was not checked anymore. I switched it back. The issue persists.

BUT, when I checked playback again this time around, I was able to catch the playback flicker from the correct resolution to the wrong resolution and back (I'll edit the video into this post in just a moment).

I haven't tested other themes because I don't fully understand how that works yet, and don't want to muck things up for troubleshooting purposes.

I also recently made a HUGE upgrade to my TV, so I checked my GPU video settings, and it was set to 1080p instead of 4K resolution, so I fixed that. But, it still didn't resolve the issue. 

Are there any settings changes I need to make on the VLC side, maybe? 

Edited by CyberOcelot
Added video to post

1 minute ago, CyberOcelot said:

Are there any settings changes I need to make on the VLC side, maybe? 

There are no settings, and you didnt need to install it. VLC is included with the Launchbox installation and is in the Launchbox/ThirdParty folder, this is what is being used, not the version that you installed to your system.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Take a look at this thread and see if the solution there will help you. A couple users had a similar glitch and what was mentioned here helped.

Also, BigBox and LB have separate video setting for VLC or WMP. So keep that in mind when changing that setting.

This did it!! FIXED! Thank you SO MUCH! 

I'll go ahead and post there to confirm it worked for me. 

When I searched the forum, didn't think to search for "graphical" or "Glitch".

Sorry for the redundant thread here. Thought it was just me!