LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari 800 and Altirra emulator: some issues

legolas119

thank, I changed the mapping but nothing happens, I still have to use the keyboard...

Immagine4.png

it's strange, probably I have to use a different autokey script. 

And do you know why Star Raiders doesn't work with my configuration? Is there anything wrong?  All the other games work perfectly. I tried .xex, .cas but they don't work.  The .atr file load the title screen, but after puhsing F2, it appears a black screen...quite strange...

Edited by legolas119

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

thank, I changed the mapping but nothing happens, I still have to use the keyboard...

Immagine4.png

it's strange, probably I have to use a different autokey script. 

Those are just remapping regular keys, your input should look something like this: 1Joy2

The first number if the joystick number, and the second number is the button number on that joystick.

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

And do you know why Star Raiders doesn't work with my configuration? Is there anything wrong?  All the other games work perfectly. I tried .xex, .cas but they don't work.  The .atr file load the title screen, but after puhsing F2, it appears a black screen...quite strange...

I had to use the Atari 800 profile, the others ones didn't work.

28 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

i'm really sorry...but how can I run this script in order to verify my joypad button...?

thanks!

Right click on the file and choose open with Choose another app, Click more apps. and at the bottom of list you should see Look for another app on this PC.

Now navigate to your Launchbox folder and look for AutoHotkey.exe. (If you are on the latest version, it's in LaunchBox -> ThirdParty -> AutoHotkey

done!  Well, i tried all the buttons and the result is relly simple. Every button on my joypad is recognized with the same number in the autohotkey. I mean, for example:

button 1 on joypad --> 1 on the Autohotekey

button 2 on joypa --> 2 on the autohotkey

and so on. Here an example:

Immagine.png

so, for example i would like to map F2 (start) on Button 10 so I configured my Autohotkey in this way:

Immagine2.png

but it doesn't work :(

thank you, I tried both the configurations but they don't work...I really don't know why :(

I Will push F2 on the keyboard, I don't have any other choice...

So, directly mapped on the keyboard there shoudl be 3 buttons:

START - F2

SELECT - ???

OPTIONS - ???

Which are SELECT and OPTIONS?

thanks!

well, just another question: which is the best emulator for Atari 5200? I read that Altirra can emulate it. If so, which is the right configuration I have to use? My config for Atari 800 is posted above.

I configured in this way: 

HARDWARE: 5200 SuperSystem / Video: NTSC

CPU: 6502

FIRMWARE: Atari 5200 OS (4-port)

BASIC: Atari BASIC Rev C

It seems ok, but loading some games, it always ask me this pop up:

Immagine.png

How can I avoid this? It seems that this issue appears only loading some games...

Thanks

Edited by legolas119

• 2 weeks later...