LaunchBox Community Forums

commordore 64 retroarch

A Retro guy

so i kinda want to emulate the commordore 64 in retroarch i have heard that one of the vice cores is the best option or something like that my problem is that it seems like i might need some bios to even run commordore 64 in retroarch with one of the vice cores and i don't want to scour the internet for bios that i won't even find but their is the frodo core witch does not need bios or anything like that to run commordore 64 games it's just that i'm not sure it is a really good core to emulate commordore 64 compared to the vice cores so can you pls tell me if frodo is a really good core to emulate commordore 64 in retroarch pls

4 hours ago, A Retro guy said:

k but what is jiffyDOS

If you don't know you don't need it, but for reference here is an explanation: JiffyDOS

The vice core has a warp option that can be used to speed up the normally slow C64 disk drive. (Although some games may require slow True Drive Emulation enabled)

Edited by Headrush69