LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting certain Systems to start with different Video Drivers in RetroArch

TheMadMan007

One issue that I've run into that I can't figure out how to resolve easily is, whenever I try to launch certain Systems in Launchbox, it requires the changing of the Video API driver. For example;

I can launch most systems fine if the Video Driver is set to GL within Launchbox, but GL is an older API and it looks like Vulkan is now the prefered driver to use. Also, LaunchBox will not load up GameCube or Wii games with RetroArch in GL video driver mode, It has to be set to Vulkan.

The thing is, if I set it to Vulkan, other systems, like PSP won't launch in Vulkan, it has to be set to GL for it to launch. 

Now I know everyone just says for GameCube/Wii, use the standalone Dolphin emulator, and I don't want to, I'd rather use the Dolphin core in RetroArch, and it works perfectly fine, it just needs to be set to Vulkan Video API for it to launch in LaunchBox. I just need to know how to properly set RetroArch/LaunchBox's settings so when I load up PSP games it will use the GL driver, and when I load up GameCube/Wii games it uses the Vulkan driver and everything loads perfectly like it used to before RetroArch/LaunchBox got all finicky with it's drivers.

Just now, TheMadMan007 said:

One issue that I've run into that I can't figure out how to resolve easily is, whenever I try to launch certain Systems in Launchbox, it requires the changing of the Video API driver. For example;

I can launch most systems fine if the Video Driver is set to GL within Launchbox, but GL is an older API and it looks like Vulkan is now the prefered driver to use. Also, LaunchBox will not load up GameCube or Wii games with RetroArch in GL video driver mode, It has to be set to Vulkan.

The thing is, if I set it to Vulkan, other systems, like PSP won't launch in Vulkan, it has to be set to GL for it to launch. 

Now I know everyone just says for GameCube/Wii, use the standalone Dolphin emulator, and I don't want to, I'd rather use the Dolphin core in RetroArch, and it works perfectly fine, it just needs to be set to Vulkan Video API for it to launch in LaunchBox. I just need to know how to properly set RetroArch/LaunchBox's settings so when I load up PSP games it will use the GL driver, and when I load up GameCube/Wii games it uses the Vulkan driver and everything loads perfectly like it used to before RetroArch/LaunchBox got all finicky with it's drivers.

You can save the graphics drivers into core overrides.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can save the graphics drivers into core overrides.

I load up RetroArch. change Video driver to Vulkan, load up a GameCube game and go into the Quick Menu>Overrides, and select Save Core Override

Then I load up RetroArch, change the Video Driver to GL, Load up a PSP game and go into the Quick Menu>Overrides, and select Save Core Override.

Then I try and go back to the GameCube game and it won't launch, because RetroArch is still in GL mode, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to specify in LaunchBox to use a specific core override or something like that?