LaunchBox Community Forums

Banned before i even joined?

lee9876

Hi I am new here please forgive if this is the wrong place. I recently downloaded bigbox on 1yr license to try before committing to lifetime. The email I used was different to the one i have now been forced to join this forum on,   whereas my old one -the one bigbox is registered to -is the one i actually want to use

anyway, so registration of bigbox....no problem. Unfortunately i have also just moved house and am waiting for internet installation (so cannot actually install bigbox yet). In the meantime i was at my partners house yesterday and decided to browse the site a bit to see what it was like. I decided to sign up to the forum and used my hotmail email and i got green ticks for passing everything like captcha etc, then as i hit confirm i was also surprised to be hit with an instant ban. The only thing i can think of is that, as it was a week after my bigbox purchase, i stupidly at first went to LOG IN instead of SIGN UP and as i couldnt remember if i had an account created when i gave my email for the initial download, i tried a few passwords i usually switch between to see if i had or not, ten when none worked i went to sign up instead. 

I also tried to use the "contact us" form on the site, which doesn't seem to be working as i dont have sent messages in either o my emails sent message tabs, and there is no area to actually put that on the form provided. 

Really i have two questions: 1) if i am banned (i dont know why because i haven't actually done anything wrong) will this negate my purchase which is actually linked to that email address? If so, how can i go about rectifying that as it seems a little unfair and

2) is it possible to somehow get that email account unbanned because it would be much easier for me to have one email across all my accounts such as this forum and emumovies, i really do not actually want to use this email i am currently using for anything except messages from my family

EDIT: removed emails on advice

Edited by lee9876

hi yes i get that but i have been left with little other choice as the contact form does not seem to be working at all and without the info no admin will be able to actually look, so im not really sure what im supposed to do here, i tried googling the issue but i led me back to the forum....which i was banned from....

Thank you, hopefully! I'm mostly worried about my license as it is registered to the other email, but it would be far easier to use that other account, i think the username i tried was leeant12345 if that helps, also was using the opera browser which has vpn enabled too if that makes a difference i have now switched to edge for now just in case

1 hour ago, lee9876 said:

Thank you, hopefully! I'm mostly worried about my license as it is registered to the other email, but it would be far easier to use that other account, i think the username i tried was leeant12345 if that helps, also was using the opera browser which has vpn enabled too if that makes a difference i have now switched to edge for now just in case

This wont effect your Launchbox license in any way, you have no worries there. It is a very strange issue though, i dont recall users ever having issues registering to the site. I would say there is a 99.9% chance that you were not purposely blocked from registering, you may of just hit a bug in the registration process somehow. Jason is the only one who can actually do anything there as moderators dont have that sort of access to the site, where we could look up visitors to the site or email addresses as thats obviously private information. Jason is US based and its night time/very early in the morning there at the moment, im sure he will get you all squared away once he is in the office today.

Thanks for bearing with us for the time being.

• Like 1

Hi @lee9876, unfortunately every once in a while registrations can be immediately banned because of a spammer previously using the IP address. You should be fine to use this account if you want, or we can unban the other account, no problem. Feel free to email us at support@unbrokensoftware.com with your other email and we can get it unbanned. Sorry for the trouble.

• Like 1