LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame shaders problem

Elhora

hi everyone.

I have a problem i can't really understand.  My launchbox is on a portable HDD that i can move between computers. Everything works fine.

I have 1 arcade cabinet and one bartop who have exactly the same screen (27" -  4k). I configured my shaders in Mame.ini in my Mame folder to give my game a CRT aspect. On my Bartop it works fine, but for a reason i can't explain, when i put the HDD on my arcade cabinet who have the same screen, the shaders dont apply ! You can't even see the scanline.... And i really dont understand. If the problem was Mame, the shaders should work the same way on both screen ? or there is a parameter i missed somewhere ?

how is that possible ? it's the same  usb drive that i move from computer to computer and the problem only occurs on Mame : Retroarch games have shaders on every  computer, not Mame. Just like it was not using the same ini file. That's so frustrating.

my brain is lost there.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Its a different PC with different hardware, the monitor is of absolutely no relevance here, its the PC that seems incompatible with the shaders, using a different GPU and CPU to the other PC im guessing?

On the Pc where everything is working it's a i7 9700k with RTX 2080.

On the PC where it's not working, it's i3 9100F with 1050Ti     

5 minutes ago, Elhora said:

On the Pc where everything is working it's a i7 9700k with RTX 2080.

On the PC where it's not working, it's i3 9100F with 1050Ti     

Then its probably that your mame settings are not compatable with the PC with the lower specs for some reason, You say mame itself works but the shaders dont? so my guess would be a incompatible video driver being used in mame, there are different drivers for shaders and im guessing the one you decided to use for your shaders dont work on the system with the weaker hardware.

https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/bgfx.html