LaunchBox Community Forums

Standalone unplugged build?

kiddanplay

Whats going on everyone! Looking to build my new cab and I REALLY want to do a standalone non connected cab. I want to build my machine, do all the necessary updates, drop LB on it dial it all in and unplug for good, no further windows updates, LB updates, emulator updates...etc... Is anyone else doing this same thing for their cabinet builds? I'm looking to do this for all 3 of the rigs I'm looking to build, 1x Standard Arcade, 1x Racing Sim 1x Pinball. Just wanted to see if others are doing the same thing with their builds

16 hours ago, kiddanplay said:

do all the necessary updates, drop LB on it dial it all in and unplug for good, no further windows updates, LB updates, emulator updates...etc...

I had that theory once. :D  Got a fresh, clean (and stripped of "extras") Windows install, updated versions of emulators and roms, the current production of LB/BB, the theme I liked, images/videos/metadata... etc..

As things were in the process of getting setup, I created a (well, found a 'how to') batch file to toggle the internet on/off (vs plug/unplug the cord [the CAT5 cable. Not the power plug. ;)] or going through settings to "disconnect" it).  Thought being setup/test everything without internet connection, then if I missed/needed something, turn it on, get it, turn it off.  And eventually "cutting the cord".  So-to-speak

That was well over a year ago.  And I don't remember when the last time I actually "unplugged" was. lol  

At 1st it was building up my VPX collection.  It didn't help that JPSalas was on a roll with new tables.  Then I started getting into Steam (ya, ya.  Late bloomer).  That quickly became a hassle.  'Click to play in offline mode'.  Then Jason was kicking arse with adding killer new features and enhancements to LB/BB!  Then of course the discovery of nightly's like for PCSX2 and Dolphin making the unplayable, now playable.  "Wait! You can play 3DS using 'Citra'?  I'd better check that out."  And the list goes on. ?

"OK.  Just this one last update/addition/improvement/enhancement/tweak... and then I'll unplug the internet.  I  p r o m i s e...." xD