LaunchBox Community Forums

Games don't open when trying to use MAME in Launchbox

Kimbo Rice

do your games work in MAME when you don't use LaunchBox? If they do the most likely thing is that MAME doesn't know where your ROMs are located. Are your ROMs in the MAME\ROMs folder? If they are not in the MAME\ROMs folder have you edited the MAME.ini file to set the path to the actual directory that you are storing your MAME ROMs in?

I kind of figured it had something to do with the path I have set at the moment. Below is what it is currently set at. The youtube link below is the tutorial I am using for this. Do I still have to download the ROMs separately if I am doing a MAME import? I thought the import downloads the files for me?

image.thumb.png.7890c961d90dfe0c655c2a4f0e755ba3.png

Just now, Kimbo Rice said:

I kind of figured it had something to do with the path I have set at the moment. Below is what it is currently set at. The youtube link below is the tutorial I am using for this. Do I still have to download the ROMs separately if I am doing a MAME import? I thought the import downloads the files for me?

image.thumb.png.7890c961d90dfe0c655c2a4f0e755ba3.png

Launchbox does not provide roms, that is illegal. You need to supply your own.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, udantaroy said:

Steam is the most popular digital distribution platform for PC games with millions of active users. Unfortunately, some of these users have reported that  games are not launching on Windows 10, so is there anything that you can do to fix this problem?

You know this thread is about Mame and not Steam? The reason the user in this post could not launch games is he either never downloaded the actual rom files or did not set his rom path file inside of Mame. Not sure what Steam has to do with it.