LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to run Launchbox 11.7- New install

SethAluma

Hi, I have just installed LaunchBox 11.7, but am unable to get it to run. The launcher starts, gets to "Loading interface..." then just exits. I am unable to launch via BigBox either, due to not having any games imported yet (since it's a fresh install).

I've tried running as admin, disabling ESET Anti-Virus, installing it to 2 separate drives, removing the "Data" folder, I've made sure I have all of the C++ redistributables and DirectX installed, and I even uninstalled VLC Player just in case that was causing a conflict. But so far nothing's helped.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (x64), if that helps.

Please find both the debug log and the registered event log attached.

Debug 2020-11-01 09-38-09 PM.log launchboxFail.evtx

Edited by SethAluma

49 minutes ago, SethAluma said:

Hi, I have just installed LaunchBox 11.7, but am unable to get it to run. The launcher starts, gets to "Loading interface..." then just exits. I am unable to launch via BigBox either, due to not having any games imported yet (since it's a fresh install).

I've tried running as admin, disabling ESET Anti-Virus, installing it to 2 separate drives, removing the "Data" folder, I've made sure I have all of the C++ redistributables and DirectX installed, and I even uninstalled VLC Player just in case that was causing a conflict. But so far nothing's helped.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (x64), if that helps.

Please find both the debug log and the registered event log attached.

Debug 2020-11-01 09-38-09 PM.log 3.65 kB · 1 download launchboxFail.evtx 68 kB · 1 download

According to your event log its failing on d3d9.dll, thats obviously a directx issue. Have you tried making sure all your directx is up to date, or actually repairing it in case a part of it got corrupted? 

Would make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date as well. The error code associated to your crash typically means an application was trying to touch memory the OS didn't think it was allowed to. Often time with DirectX this happens if the driver is old and forcing the card to do something fixed in a newer version of the driver.

Do either of you have MSI Afterburner (or Riva Tuner) running? In the past we have seen good old MSI Afterburner causing conflict with d3d9.dll and cause LB boot issues.

If that is not it check and see if you have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed. I had that issue on a recent build on a used pc.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Do either of you have MSI Afterburner (or Riva Tuner) running?..

Why yes, I do (both). I'm at work at the moment, but I'll definitely try closing that when I get home. I was planning on doing a clean Windows install tonight, but won't have to if that works :)

Edit: Just tested, and it was indeed a conflict between RivaTuner Statistics Server and Launchbox. MSI Afterburner itself seems fine, though. Thank you! :)

Edited by SethAluma
update for test