LaunchBox Community Forums

Extract Naomi 2 games from MAME set

Elhora

Hi,

i have a stupid question :

I want to create a full pack for "Naomi 2" games. For now, i can only find some complete Naomi games, but i can't just find a "Naomi 2" only roms + CHD pack.

So unless someone knows a good link to send in pm :D ,  i was thinking that i could extract all roms files + chd from a complete MAME romset. 

is there a (easy) way to extract all roms and CHD refering to Naomi 2 from a complete  MAME romset (bios, games, CHD)  ?

If you have a MAME set you already have full set of Naomi and Naomi 2 games.  This site has useful tool to allow you to search and list roms in the bios set.  Click on Additional Filters and then search by bios/set (in this case NAOMI2).  Then you can export the file list under Options. 

An example of the output is attached for Naomi 2 and Naomi 2 GD with no clones. If want clones then go to the site and uncheck as output option.  You can set up a batch file to copy zip files based on the names below or manually copy. Anything listed with a "GDS" in name is a Naomi 2 GD system (CD ROM data along with ROM) so they will have corresponding CHD file along with the ROM zip.

Name:             Description for NAOMI 2 Set no clones as of 0.226:
beachspi          "Beach Spikers (GDS-0014)"
clubkcyc          "Club Kart for Cycraft (Rev A) (GDS-0029A)"
clubkprz          "Club Kart Prize (Export, Japan, Rev A)"
clubkpzb          "Club Kart Prize Version B (Export, Japan)"
clubk2k3          "Club Kart: European Session (2003, Rev A)"
clubkrt           "Club Kart: European Session (Rev D)"
initdexp          "Initial D Arcade Stage (Export, Rev A) (GDS-0025A)"
initd             "Initial D Arcade Stage (Japan, Rev B) (GDS-0020B)"
initdv2j          "Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 2 (Japan, Rev B) (GDS-0026B)"
initdv3e          "Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 (Export) (GDS-0033)"
initdv3j          "Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 (Japan, Rev C) (GDS-0032C)"
inidv3cy          "Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 Cycraft Edition (Export, Rev B) (GDS-0039B)"
soulsurf          "Soul Surfer (Rev A)"
kingrt66          "The King of Route 66 (Rev A)"
vf4cart           "Virtua Fighter 4 (World)"
vf4evo            "Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (Version B) (Japan) (GDS-0024C)"
vf4evoct          "Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (World)"
vf4tuned          "Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned (Ver. B) (GDS-0036F)"
vf4               "Virtua Fighter 4 Version C (GDS-0012C)"
vstrik3           "Virtua Striker 3 (GDS-0006)"
vstrik3c          "Virtua Striker 3 (World, Rev B)"
wldrider          "Wild Riders"

Example of Naomi 2 GD folder with CHDs

Capture.thumb.JPG.51e495896937a1405f7090a8d282d726.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, k_rollo said:

I just had the joy of picking off NAOMI 2 ROMs from the MAME set (merged) + CHDs based from the list above. Spot testing of Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned and Wild Riders worked. Thanks for the list.

JoeViking245 made a LaunchBox plugin to automate this for you. (Although it won't select the CHD's.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

As I understand it, the emulator doesn't matter. But indeed, it does not copy the CHD's. (Naomi 1/2, System SP.)

Aww too bad, the CHDs are required to make the games run. At least that's what I confirmed to work 100% for NAOMI 1/2. No worries, I got around it. NAOMI 2 romset isn't very big, it was easy to pick them off as long as I had a list of what to look for.

13 hours ago, Kilroy5150 said:

It's odd, i went to that site mentioned and got this. Now, commenting on this, i like direct search engines. This engine, apparently, needs more specifics to get a simple search query with better results. Honestly, i'm not a fan of these types of sites because you have to know the right thing instead of searching for naomi to get naomi games. I'm sure there's a way to make it work but it's like mowing a lawn when you only intend to pull up a few blades of grass. I found the files i wanted via Google with much less effort and Jdownloader makes life VERY easy when you're pulling from websites.

image.thumb.png.c5de28b878a67b048d8679fe96c4e02b.png

That is because you have to go to Additional Filters, then put in Naomi into the Required Bios section.  You are telling it to look for games named with Naomi which is why you only got one result. 

1243191186_Image002_cr.thumb.png.4de39ea91b2e0d95b8c1e5e100c13d04.png

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sundogak said:

That is because you have to go to Additional Filters, then put in Naomi into the Required Bios section.  You are telling it to look for games named with Naomi which is why you only got one result. 

1243191186_Image002_cr.thumb.png.4de39ea91b2e0d95b8c1e5e100c13d04.png

Thanks for the screenshot. Couldn't find where to put the BIOS filter.

• Like 1