LaunchBox Community Forums

black platform logos

Bedwyr

Hi. I updated to 11.7 recently from <insert version several months old>. I've got everything functioning again as I want, but the platform clear logos have suddenly become not-clear. They have black backgrounds instead of a clear one. No new images have been downloaded; they're the same files they've always been. Just black boxes behind the lettering. Is this a known problem?

6 hours ago, Bedwyr said:

Hi. I updated to 11.7 recently from <insert version several months old>. I've got everything functioning again as I want, but the platform clear logos have suddenly become not-clear. They have black backgrounds instead of a clear one. No new images have been downloaded; they're the same files they've always been. Just black boxes behind the lettering. Is this a known problem?

Can you share a image of what you see? A image speaks a thousand words and is so much easier to understand when combined with descriptive text to accompany it.

No I don't. These are all automatically scraped and placed in their folders by LB. I haven't touched a single logo, game or platform. I get your idea though; I recall that behavior with other pngs I have. The key issue is that my media has been fine before. The difference is that I took my C:\ drive, wiped everything through a Windows reset, and manually went through re-installing all my software. The media are still on a separate physical disk untouched. So I used to have an older 11.x version of LB installed and now I've installed 11.7 from scratch.

The one other thing that's happened is that for some reason my PC changed the drive priority, so D:\ (used to be games, now user folders including video media) and E:\ (used to be user folders, now games) swapped. No idea why as I've never changed any physical settings; I actually can't change SATA cables at all. My guess is that this is likely a red herring unrelated to the problem, but not completely sure.

I found the problem. I haven't touched these folders at all; I always work through the LB interface, but for some reason these platform clear logos are saved as jpg files which they obviously aren't.

Because of the circumstances, it's not clear how this happened or when. It could have been before I reconstituted my PC. It could have been after (I restored a Launchbox backup after installing 11.7). The folder structure around the platform images are dated as of late October 2019. It's possible I could have had a botched operation then and just never refreshed the image cache. Should I file a bug or is it too obscure and untrackable to be worth it? Again, can't think of anything I've done to induce the behavior, but late 2019 is a ways back.

wrong-suffix.png

Edited by Bedwyr