Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox wont load after intro video!! (error attached)


Recommended Posts

Hi guys - Booted up the arcade machine for  the kids earlier and it loads windows of course, starts to load bigbox automatically yet JUST before the bigbox startup video starts up this error flashes up with the typical windows Error chime noise > Screen goes black for a second as normal and the startup video launches. Can see and hear it fine. Once it ends bigbox just doesnt display, no sound, nothing, the screen stays black as if its switched off.

Any ideas??

 

 

Launchbox error.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The prompt tells you you need to replace that corrupt settings file. Did you do it?

In your \Backups folder are a bunch of zipped backups. Open one of them and take the settings.xml file from it and replace the one in your \Data folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Naa  didnt know how, and didnt have the time, it popped up before shooting out to get some presents.

So is it best to pick the most recent ZIP>Settings.xml and pop that into my data folder?.. Does it backup every day or will it be a very old backup. Im not near the cabinet now so cant look until later

Why did this happen so i can avoid it in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, floodie said:

Naa  didnt know how, and didnt have the time, it popped up before shooting out to get some presents.

So is it best to pick the most recent ZIP>Settings.xml and pop that into my data folder?.. Does it backup every day or will it be a very old backup. Im not near the cabinet now so cant look until later

Why did this happen so i can avoid it in the future.

Pick a most recent one and test from there. You can always go further back if needed.

As to why it happened that could be many things, but usually a corrupt xml file means LB/BB was closed abruptly and it could not save data on closing properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK i can see the abrupt shut down perhaps may have happened and know who it was too!!!!!

thanks will try the recent ones see how we get on.

Can i ask, what is it that is in the Settings.xml file? will i need to redo many changes recently made if i use an older one?.  Also, what happens if this does work? Any fall back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, floodie said:

Can i ask, what is it that is in the Settings.xml file?

Anything in Launchbox that you have changed from the defaults.

1 hour ago, floodie said:

will i need to redo many changes recently made if i use an older one?

Probably not, launchbox creates backups everytime its shutdown.

1 hour ago, floodie said:

  Also, what happens if this does work? Any fall back?

If no backups work (highly unlikely) you can just delete that settings file and re-open Launchbox and it will create a new one, you will be back at default settings though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...