LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox wont load after intro video!! (error attached)

floodie

Hi guys - Booted up the arcade machine for  the kids earlier and it loads windows of course, starts to load bigbox automatically yet JUST before the bigbox startup video starts up this error flashes up with the typical windows Error chime noise > Screen goes black for a second as normal and the startup video launches. Can see and hear it fine. Once it ends bigbox just doesnt display, no sound, nothing, the screen stays black as if its switched off.

Any ideas??

Launchbox error.jpg

Naa  didnt know how, and didnt have the time, it popped up before shooting out to get some presents.

So is it best to pick the most recent ZIP>Settings.xml and pop that into my data folder?.. Does it backup every day or will it be a very old backup. Im not near the cabinet now so cant look until later

Why did this happen so i can avoid it in the future.

2 hours ago, floodie said:

Naa  didnt know how, and didnt have the time, it popped up before shooting out to get some presents.

So is it best to pick the most recent ZIP>Settings.xml and pop that into my data folder?.. Does it backup every day or will it be a very old backup. Im not near the cabinet now so cant look until later

Why did this happen so i can avoid it in the future.

Pick a most recent one and test from there. You can always go further back if needed.

As to why it happened that could be many things, but usually a corrupt xml file means LB/BB was closed abruptly and it could not save data on closing properly.

OK i can see the abrupt shut down perhaps may have happened and know who it was too!!!!!

thanks will try the recent ones see how we get on.

Can i ask, what is it that is in the Settings.xml file? will i need to redo many changes recently made if i use an older one?.  Also, what happens if this does work? Any fall back?

1 hour ago, floodie said:

Can i ask, what is it that is in the Settings.xml file?

Anything in Launchbox that you have changed from the defaults.

will i need to redo many changes recently made if i use an older one?

Probably not, launchbox creates backups everytime its shutdown.

Also, what happens if this does work? Any fall back?

If no backups work (highly unlikely) you can just delete that settings file and re-open Launchbox and it will create a new one, you will be back at default settings though.