LaunchBox Community Forums

Help

jukezero40@gmail.com

Hi I writing you to ask for help I'm desperate I seemed to have broken the games on my launch box well what happened was I reset my computer and totally forgot to change the drive letter to L then I went to open launch box It said no games were available but according to my pc folder everything is still there I just can't access the games I'm very distraught I hope it's not a total loss because I simply cant afford to buy another launch box if there's anything I can do to fix this I would appreciate some help so much

What do you mean by buy another Launchbox? Launchbox is free unless you buy a premium license. Even then if you delete your LB build you can download another version and drop your license in.

What drive did you install LB on? Is it on the one you forgot to change or a different drive?

so i purchased a 8tb hard drive off of ebay for 200 bucks that was loaded with launchbox and 40,000 games and when i got it, there was a note saying i must change the drive letter to L and instructions on how to do so ,so i changed the drive letter to L. things worked great until one day i reset my computer and then forgot to change the drive letter on my launch box to L again i fired it up and could not play games on it so looked and noticed i forgot to change the drive letter to L and then did so and games still do not work

Yeah it's illegal to sell roms because it is piracy and if the drive you bought has a premium license for Launchbox that is also piracy.

I don't really have any suggestions for you as to what you should do because we are not going to provide support for a drive sellers drive when we have no clue in the world as to what they have done with that setup.

9 minutes ago, jukezero40@gmail.com said:

i was unaware that what i bought was illegal so what should do about it?and i know how to change the drive letter that still does not fix the games 

You will need to contact the criminal that sold you all this stolen content for support i'm afraid, we wont be providing any support here.