LaunchBox Community Forums

Customize Video trailer

UFBoricua84

Is there a way to customize and upload your own video trailers to go along with your games. I used an app called VLC media player. I converted some youtube videos to both mp3, and web.m, but it still wont play when loading launchbox. Mainly its for specific games (Fortnite, AVP 2011, Predator Hunting Grounds, and Ark Survival Evolved. If anyone can help thanks. 

3 minutes ago, UFBoricua84 said:

Is there a way to customize and upload your own video trailers to go along with your games. I used an app called VLC media player. I converted some youtube videos to both mp3, and web.m, but it still wont play when loading launchbox. Mainly its for specific games (Fortnite, AVP 2011, Predator Hunting Grounds, and Ark Survival Evolved. If anyone can help thanks. 

As long as they are named correctly, are in the correct location, you have the video option turned on, and you have a Launchbox premium license they will work.

You can have any video you want play for a game. It is a premium feature though, so not available in free version. Just make sure you name the video how the game is named in LB and store in it the correct folder.

Using Predator Hunting Grounds as an example and let's say you have it in a platform called Windows.

Video file name: Predator Hunting Grounds.mp4

Video file location: \Launchbox\Videos\Windows\Predator Hunting Grounds.mp4

6 hours ago, UFBoricua84 said:

I am premium life long member, and I did as you guys said. I saved as mp4 and it still can’t find it. I added the url and also added it in the videos section79F489F3-B330-448E-B532-A3CCE4B47F6A.thumb.jpeg.d9479d8d0347bee81b38aaafba53e6ed.jpeg

Um that because the game title does not match the video file name. Please see my previous post.

Specifically this piece below:

On 1/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, Retro808 said:

... Just make sure you name the video how the game is named in LB and store in it the correct folder.

Your game title is Alien Vs. Predator. Your video file name is Predator Hunting Ground.