LaunchBox Community Forums

I have a great idea

ReignerDeustcher

13 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I assume he is mentioning a more convenient option.

That is convenient, its a couple of mouse clicks. We used to have a plugin that auto uploaded, and it was a nightmare for moderators of the database as people frankly uploaded also sorts of total shit, bad art, not labelled, labelled incorrectly, covered in watermarks, it wasnt good.  Good riddance to that and making people do a little bit of work and therefore self moderation before being able to upload to the database instead.

• Like 2
  • Game On 1

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

That is convenient, its a couple of mouse clicks. We used to have a plugin that auto uploaded, and it was a nightmare for moderators of the database as people frankly uploaded also sorts of total shit, bad art, not labelled, labelled incorrectly, covered in watermarks, it wasnt good.  Good riddance to that and making people do a little bit of work and therefore self moderation before being able to upload to the database instead.

I understood what you want to say but convenient is not the same as MORE convenient. few more clicks and a extra plug in that works not as good as it should is a nightmare from the user view. never the less. I am also not big fan about media management in Launchbox its Game DB. when you have media art that is out of standard in Launchbox.

the upload bad stuff into the games DB is indeed also a problem but also here I am pretty sure there are possibilities. a overhauled moderation function would help a lot, and uploading from launchbox, more possibilities in the games detail like all data per region, and  so on. I know I know there are more important things than this and that is the resason why that part slept on for so long time ? but compared with i.e. hyperspin where the software lived longer than its development only because of media control was Hugh (sure different plug ins as well but you had a one button option to change the artworks from one style to another).