LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit from Teknoparrot error

Raulrapadura

Hello.

Since lasta update (11.9) I´m geting an error screen (attachet image) every time I close a game runing in Teknoparrot. In Launch Box mode I don´t have any error closing any game from Teknoparrot.

System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
at TeknoParrotUi.Views.GameRunning.b__30_0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

TeknoparrotError.bmp

Edited by Raulrapadura
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I can confirm the same error popping up after exiting out of a game. Just tried it out and I run into the same issue while exiting back into LaunchBox. Out of curiosity, I also tried out an older version of TP (version 1.00.393) and this error doesn't happen. So, it's definitely an issue with the latest version of TP

The games I tested with all exit fine back into LaunchBox from an up-to-date version of TeknoParrot (1.0.0.729). TeknoParrot natively exits with Escape. And for me in the past, an error sometimes popped up when exiting with an exit script from LaunchBox. In my experience TeknoParrot sometimes doesn't like to be closed with WinClose or Process, Close.

This is one of the weirdest errors I've ever come across in all my years, as a long-time user of LaunchBox and emulation in general. While using Teknoparrot on its own, there are no errors after hitting the ESC key, but there are a barrage of errors after hitting the ESC key  if I run the game within LaunchBox. Also, I'm not using any hotkey commands/scripts and have no extra programs or add-ons running.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, zugswang said:

I was getting this error and it was something to do with the controller output in TeknoParrot for that game.

Try changing it from xinput to dinput (or vice vera) to see if it helps.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried that and the results were the same. This error after exiting out of a game with TP is definitely weird, but certainly not a deal-breaker either

2 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Also, you could try to disable the startup screen option for a specific game, as for example Batman for me causes issues when it's enabled, but disabled it's fine.

Tried that too. Same results, haha. Well, I'll give up on this for now and maybe somewhere down the road, Teknoparrot will learn to play nice with LaunchBox

I myself have set up TeknoParrot to open as few windows a possible. In the LaunchBox emulator set up I have ticked [Attempt to hide consolw window]. From LaunchBox I start TeknoParrot minimized and in the TeknoParrot settings I have ticked [Hide console window]. I agree with zugzwang that it's best not to launch TeknoParrot as admin. But TeknoParrot can be misbehaving sometimes.

• 4 months later...

Hello again. I have not find a solution but at least, I found a mitigation that hides the error window. What I did is disable the "closing screen" in BigBox mode (Game Over). Doing that avoid the Teknoparrot error screen to show up, but I need to push twice the close button on my cabinet.

Hope this helps.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, sushko said:

I cant get it to exit. I have to use the windows key and then close from the task bar at that point I get the crazy errors. Did anyone get this to work right? 

This must be other kind of error. I think that the only real solution would be that the developers of Launchbox integrates Teknoparrot emulator like they have done with other emulators.

12 minutes ago, Raulrapadura said:

This must be other kind of error. I think that the only real solution would be that the developers of Launchbox integrates Teknoparrot emulator like they have done with other emulators.

Other emulators have not really been integrated. Mame and RA just have options now for LB to download it and set some basic settings and command lines. Its not an outright integration. TP is constantly being updated and we have seen numerous time an update cause some issues with a frontend.

Just tested the latest updates with LB and no issues with all the games tested. TP is such an odd creature since you sometimes have to have certain settings for each game to get them to work. From a settings aspect there could be any number of factors that can cause this issue for some users.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Other emulators have not really been integrated. Mame and RA just have options now for LB to download it and set some basic settings and command lines. Its not an outright integration. TP is constantly being updated and we have seen numerous time an update cause some issues with a frontend.

Of course. I´m sure the developers have tons of other things to do more importants that integrate TP. In fact I only need that they find a solution for the initial error of this post, I´m not having any other issue.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Just tested the latest updates with LB and no issues with all the games tested. TP is such an odd creature since you sometimes have to have certain settings for each game to get them to work. From a settings aspect there could be any number of factors that can cause this issue for some users.

The error does not happens when using LB, only shows in BigBox mode. And no every game give me this error. 

I hope that posting this issues helps to make Launch Box an even better software.

3 hours ago, Raulrapadura said:

Of course. I´m sure the developers have tons of other things to do more importants that integrate TP. In fact I only need that they find a solution for the initial error of this post, I´m not having any other issue.

The error does not happens when using LB, only shows in BigBox mode. And no every game give me this error. 

I hope that posting this issues helps to make Launch Box an even better software.

This is if the team can replicate the issue to figure out if something can even be done on our end. I have TP set up on 5 builds in the house. Test machine and 4 cabinet / console set-ups. None of them have the TP issue mentioned here and all are running different LB versions (some on betas some on stable releases). This is also testing with BB and LB. So it does not seem to affect every user.

What might be helpful is sharing set-up / setting information.

1. How do you have TP set up in LB? (Edit the emulator and share pic of "Details" page and "Associated Platforms" page.

2. Now choose a game that you get the error with and edit it in LB. Share a pic of the "Launching" page and "Emulation" page.

3. Are you using an AHK scripts in the LB settings for TeknoParrot?

4. Are you running TP as admin?

5. Are you using any other things with TP such as RHLoader or any other launcher exe?

6. Share pics of your settings in TeknoParrot as well as the settings in TP for the game you chose in #2 above.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, Retro808 said:

This is if the team can replicate the issue to figure out if something can even be done on our end. I have TP set up on 5 builds in the house. Test machine and 4 cabinet / console set-ups. None of them have the TP issue mentioned here and all are running different LB versions (some on betas some on stable releases). This is also testing with BB and LB. So it does not seem to affect every user.

What might be helpful is sharing set-up / setting information.

1. How do you have TP set up in LB? (Edit the emulator and share pic of "Details" page and "Associated Platforms" page.

2. Now choose a game that you get the error with and edit it in LB. Share a pic of the "Launching" page and "Emulation" page.

3. Are you using an AHK scripts in the LB settings for TeknoParrot?

4. Are you running TP as admin?

5. Are you using any other things with TP such as RHLoader or any other launcher exe?

6. Share pics of your settings in TeknoParrot as well as the settings in TP for the game you chose in #2 above.

I'm having the same issue, only with BB. Details below.

The commonality on my setup I find is that games that launch with an "exe" have this issue where as games that use something else (ie. ELF file) work fine.

I have also opened an issue on Git with Teknogods https://github.com/teknogods/TeknoParrotUI/issues/343

1. image.thumb.png.f25b6c467d5326bf38fd51ca69fe6186.png

2.image.thumb.png.f55bd11f584800a570f0d574bfb33ce3.png

image.thumb.png.0f62e12b1400f167304e3cc7227b2a26.png

3. No AHK scripts in use

4. Not running as admin, but I have tried it as admin and get the same result.

5. No other launchers.

image.thumb.png.d88cda07dddb651018f0ddbb9578a637.png

image.thumb.png.2d17362c6787b7e1edde212694461b75.png

Edited by jfree427

@jfree427 I am curious. In the pics you are showing you are pointing Batman to an exe and then in the next pic have Batman launching with TP and the Batman.xml. Are these 2 different games or just one? Is this the Raw Thrills game? 

I have no issue with that game, but I point only to the xml file not to an exe.

15 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@jfree427 I am curious. In the pics you are showing you are pointing Batman to an exe and then in the next pic have Batman launching with TP and the Batman.xml. Are these 2 different games or just one? Is this the Raw Thrills game? 

I have no issue with that game, but I point only to the xml file not to an exe.

Yes, @Retro808 this is Batman Raw Thrills.  What do you have in the ROM file field for your setup?

27 minutes ago, jfree427 said:

Yes, @Retro808 this is Batman Raw Thrills.  What do you have in the ROM file field for your setup?

Just the Batman.xml. All the games I have run through Tekno just point to the xml. Well some may still have the old .txt method, but that is just because I have not taken time to update to the xml.

The command line --profile=Batman.xml is telling TP UI what to run.

• Like 1