LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit from Teknoparrot error

Raulrapadura

Hello.

Since lasta update (11.9) I´m geting an error screen (attachet image) every time I close a game runing in Teknoparrot. In Launch Box mode I don´t have any error closing any game from Teknoparrot.

System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
at TeknoParrotUi.Views.GameRunning.b__30_0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

TeknoparrotError.bmp

Edited by Raulrapadura

• 1 year later...

I can confirm the same error popping up after exiting out of a game. Just tried it out and I run into the same issue while exiting back into LaunchBox. Out of curiosity, I also tried out an older version of TP (version 1.00.393) and this error doesn't happen. So, it's definitely an issue with the latest version of TP

The games I tested with all exit fine back into LaunchBox from an up-to-date version of TeknoParrot (1.0.0.729). TeknoParrot natively exits with Escape. And for me in the past, an error sometimes popped up when exiting with an exit script from LaunchBox. In my experience TeknoParrot sometimes doesn't like to be closed with WinClose or Process, Close.

This is one of the weirdest errors I've ever come across in all my years, as a long-time user of LaunchBox and emulation in general. While using Teknoparrot on its own, there are no errors after hitting the ESC key, but there are a barrage of errors after hitting the ESC key  if I run the game within LaunchBox. Also, I'm not using any hotkey commands/scripts and have no extra programs or add-ons running.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by bundangdon

2 hours ago, zugswang said:

I was getting this error and it was something to do with the controller output in TeknoParrot for that game.

Try changing it from xinput to dinput (or vice vera) to see if it helps.

Ummm...I will try this next weekend and post the results.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, zugswang said:

I was getting this error and it was something to do with the controller output in TeknoParrot for that game.

Try changing it from xinput to dinput (or vice vera) to see if it helps.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried that and the results were the same. This error after exiting out of a game with TP is definitely weird, but certainly not a deal-breaker either

2 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Also, you could try to disable the startup screen option for a specific game, as for example Batman for me causes issues when it's enabled, but disabled it's fine.

Tried that too. Same results, haha. Well, I'll give up on this for now and maybe somewhere down the road, Teknoparrot will learn to play nice with LaunchBox

I myself have set up TeknoParrot to open as few windows a possible. In the LaunchBox emulator set up I have ticked [Attempt to hide consolw window]. From LaunchBox I start TeknoParrot minimized and in the TeknoParrot settings I have ticked [Hide console window]. I agree with zugzwang that it's best not to launch TeknoParrot as admin. But TeknoParrot can be misbehaving sometimes.