LaunchBox Community Forums

Game details view

Csfieldmusic

Hello, 

I have created a custom platform for Future pinball to include clear logos, video game snaps I recorded with obs studio and fan art. 

I am using the theme critical zone blue and have hot key k set up to change views. 

I can easily change the view from the game list section. The problem I am having is I can not change the the view when in the game menu. I have fan art there in full screen. For some reason big box is displaying the games clear logo, a small video snap and games details. I have display clear logo in game menu unchecked by the way. I do not wish to have anything other than the fan art displayed in the game menu. For some reason when I press my hot key in the game menus the view will not change. 

Anyone have a solution to this? 

At the end of the day I would like to only display the fan art and play on the game menu. I would also like to add an audio file to play in the game menu but I have no idea how to do that either. 

I have attached pictures of the game list which is displaying the video snap as well as the game menu which is showing the clear logo, small video snap and game details on top of my fan art which needs to go. 

Thank you. 

20210302_073918.jpg

20210302_074028.jpg

That check box in the BigBox menu for the clear logo will only affect the default theme. Custom themes typically have the clear logo command coded into its view xml. So that will override the BigBox setting. You would have to edit the theme’s code to change that. 

The issue with changing view in the game details is because that specific view also needs to be coded. All views in BigBox can be custom coded. Most creators do not custom code the GameDetailsView, so it typically defaults to the Default theme’s coding of that view. So if you want the GameDetail screen to look different you would have to code it to look the way you want. 

Thanks guys, I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out. My guess is.. If I were to edit the code for the the game details for Critical zone it would effect all the platforms which I certainly would not want to do. 

Could the code be edited to affect only the Future Pinball Game details view? 

This is sounding like it may over my head. I have spent almost an entire month setting up Big Box to where it is pretty much the way I want it to look with the exception of Future pinball. 

Infact, just this morning I figured out why my recorded video snaps were blown up and not centered.. The resolution setting in OSB was not set the same as my monitor resolution.. Changing the OSB settings fixed the problem. Now I have to go back and record all the future pinball video snaps again! 

But hey.. It will look good! 

The Text List View can show any image type category of your liking. You can set up a hotkey for “Switch Image Types” in your Big Box settings and cycle through all your image types. Depending on your image types priorities there's probably at least one that comes up empty with this platform.

Thanks everyone for their help. 

I am not exactly sure what I did but I was able to remove the clear logo from the game details page which made me very happy. 

I am still trying to remove the game description section from the page and the small video from the page. I am not sure I understand exactly what you all are talking about. 

Thanks