LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting started with Teknoparrot

mallaard

So this is probably a very noobish question, but I’m curious about trying Teknoparrot, however several things have been keeping me from attempting it so far.

The first is the whole malware false-positive issue. I just wanted confirmation from those in-the-know that this program, as well as that Game Loader RH or whatever it’s called, are actually fine to use.

The second issue I’ve had is in actually acquiring the program. I’ve visited the Tekno Gods official website and went to their downloads page, but it just brings up some scary message about my browsing not being private, and there’s no way to bypass it to get to any actual download link.

My final concern is that Teknoparrot evidently requires some special C++ program and a special version of Direct X. Will installing this stuff mess up any of the other games and programs I have running on my current Direct X version (which I think is 11)? 
So I guess in short, is this program worth all the trouble that seems to be involved with it? And if so, could anyone provide a working download link? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

9 hours ago, mallaard said:

So this is probably a very noobish question, but I’m curious about trying Teknoparrot, however several things have been keeping me from attempting it so far.

The first is the whole malware false-positive issue. I just wanted confirmation from those in-the-know that this program, as well as that Game Loader RH or whatever it’s called, are actually fine to use.

The second issue I’ve had is in actually acquiring the program. I’ve visited the Tekno Gods official website and went to their downloads page, but it just brings up some scary message about my browsing not being private, and there’s no way to bypass it to get to any actual download link.

My final concern is that Teknoparrot evidently requires some special C++ program and a special version of Direct X. Will installing this stuff mess up any of the other games and programs I have running on my current Direct X version (which I think is 11)? 
So I guess in short, is this program worth all the trouble that seems to be involved with it? And if so, could anyone provide a working download link? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Coming from someone who had very similar concerns with you in the not so distant past, I can say that TeknoParrot is safe to use, as long as you download it from a reputable website of course. I think because TeknoParrot is not really an emulator, and is more of a 'hack' than anything else, the program causes a lot of false positive malware warnings, and the same goes with Game Loader RH as well. Those particular arcade games are all programmed for use in Windows, and TeknoParrot essentially goes around the copy/hack protection, so that you can play those same (Windows) games on your own computer. The C++ and DirectX libraries that you mentioned won't mess anything up either. In short, it's a bit of a hassle to get up and running properly, but very much worth it since there are some extremely nice arcade games available for both systems (TP and Game Loader)

9 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Coming from someone who had very similar concerns with you in the not so distant past, I can say that TeknoParrot is safe to use, as long as you download it from a reputable website of course. I think because TeknoParrot is not really an emulator, and is more of a 'hack' than anything else, the program causes a lot of false positive malware warnings, and the same goes with Game Loader RH as well. Those particular arcade games are all programmed for use in Windows, and TeknoParrot essentially goes around the copy/hack protection, so that you can play those same (Windows) games on your own computer. The C++ and DirectX libraries that you mentioned won't mess anything up either. In short, it's a bit of a hassle to get up and running properly, but very much worth it since there are some extremely nice arcade games available for both systems (TP and Game Loader)

Thanks very much for addressing my concerns, I might try getting back on that horse in the next little bit. I’m not afraid of a little work to get something going, I just didn’t want to put in the work to screw up my system.

Also look for the most recent version of the game dump you can get. Many games can load directly through Tekno and no longer need things like Game Loader RH. Last year I redid pretty all of my games that use TeknoParrot and I no longer fuss with Game Loader RH at all. Emuline would be a good site to visit for TeknoParrot related games.

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Also look for the most recent version of the game dump you can get. Many games can load directly through Tekno and no longer need things like Game Loader RH. Last year I redid pretty all of my games that use TeknoParrot and I no longer fuss with Game Loader RH at all. Emuline would be a good site to visit for TeknoParrot related games.

Cool that’s good advice, much appreciated!