LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to add a subtitle to a movie??

ModerateNOOB

Hello community.

Does anyone know why subtitles are not showing in movies you import with launchbox, After the movie is imported adding a subtitle through vlc does not show up after launching it with Launchbox (Not even if you hardcode it into the video itself).

Is there a command i can add to the command line parameters??, Also subtitles do show up when just launching the video outside Launchbox.

Thank's for your time.

10 hours ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Nevermind.

I fixed it by installing a new version of VLC in the thirdparty folder of Launchbox :)

You should just install standalone VLC and use that. It's likely that the version in the third party folder will get over written with the default one when you restart Launchbox. The included VLC is a custom setup for Launchbox use, its not a standard VLC installation, it uses custom settings, and it's likely subtitles are not activated in this version.

6 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You should just install standalone VLC and use that. It's likely that the version in the third party folder will get over written with the default one when you restart Launchbox. The included VLC is a custom setup for Launchbox use, its not a standard VLC installation, it uses custom settings, and it's likely subtitles are not activated in this version.

Thank's for the warning, But i installed everything into a new folder so there are 2 separate instances of VLC (No files are being overwritten/Replaced).

It seems everything works smoothly, All i had to do was to change the directory to the new VLC.exe for both of my platforms. Also just placing the srt file besides the movie and naming both the same works beautifully.

BTW, I'm only using this instance of Launchbox for my movies, I Have another one for my games. I reckon i have enough work for the next 4 years :)