LaunchBox Community Forums

Error code: 216 when installing Launchbox

Maladore

Trying to install LaunchBox-11.10 but i get the following error at the very end of installation:

"Unable to execute file:
C:\users\user\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 216.
This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher."

I am on Windows10 Home. 32bit. 

Help please! hoping to get this setup to start my 5 year old off on some retro games.

Launchbox is a 64bit only application i'm afraid, it is failing to install as you are using a 32bit version of Windows 10. Your only recourse would be to update your OS to the more modern 64bit version, or you could email support@unbrokensoftware.com and request the final 32bit release which was 11.2. Doing this would mean you would be forever stuck on version 11.2 unless you update your OS, 32bit OS's are actually quite rare these days, generally only found on tablets and very cheap low specced laptops.

6 hours ago, Maladore said:

Does anyone have a download link for me to the 32 bit version?

support is not getting back to me..

There is no link im afraid, thats why you need to reach out to support. Id also give it a little more time, support is essentially one person, and we have just put out the official release of Launchbox 11.10, so may be a little busier than normal at the moment. Unbroken Software is not some massive global company like Microsoft or someone, it's literally the owner and lead dev, and two other employees.  

• 1 month later...

I am currently in the same situation. I have an Old mac mini 2008 that has the power to run the roms, but I get that error "This version of %1 is not..."

Jason Carr, could you send me a link as well? Or let me know that there's now hope and I need a new computer. I was just trying to get some more life out of an old machine by making it an Arcade machine.

4 hours ago, Josiah Thiesen said:

I am currently in the same situation. I have an Old mac mini 2008 that has the power to run the roms, but I get that error "This version of %1 is not..."

Jason Carr, could you send me a link as well? Or let me know that there's now hope and I need a new computer. I was just trying to get some more life out of an old machine by making it an Arcade machine.

Sounds like as your system is so old its using a 32bit OS, is that correct? Launchbox is now 64bit only. Your only course of action would be to email support@unbrokensoftware.com and request the last 32bit version, which i believe was 11.2. Of course you would be stuck on that version forever so would need to ensure that updates were turned off.

• 1 year later...