LaunchBox Community Forums

Close Teknoparrot properly

TathanLIVE

Hi folks,

I've been messing around with Launchbox for some time now, but I'm still having an issue with some Teknoparrot games, and the worse is Initial D Zero.

To run the game properly, Teknoparrot opens a "cmd", and the problem is that, even adding a line to close the process like I did for other emulators like CEMU, it doesn't work.

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

image.thumb.png.91c61907f6918ab0405621bcf8dc4f03.png

Here, you can see how my game stays after closing Teknoparrot. I'm at the moment using my mouse and keyboard, so it isn't an issue, but when I unplug those things and play the game in Bigbox... I'd like to avoid to take my keyboard and mouse.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

NB: Btw, maybe a workaround would be to just "accept the error message" adding an enter line in the code... but then, the cmd stays in the background... isn't there any cleaner way to do it? 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, baddeolv said:

Figured it out on my end, after trial and error and many 4 letter words lol.  The "$" causes the error.  Add this to the running script for the emulator, EXACTLY:

Esc::
{
}

Wow, this worked for me too! Thanks a lot for sharing this quick-fix! On the down-side of things, however, LaunchBox's shutdown screen doesn't work with this, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by bundangdon

Recommend anywhere you use the script below to get rid of it:

6 hours ago, baddeolv said:

Figured it out on my end, after trial and error and many 4 letter words lol.  The "$" causes the error.  Add this to the running script for the emulator, EXACTLY:

{
}

It will prevent a program or emulator from saving data on exit. Use the below version instead. 

{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Recommend anywhere you use the script below to get rid of it:

It will prevent a program or emulator from saving data on exit. Use the below version instead. 

{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Unfortunately though, that script doesn't solve the Teknoparrot issue within Launchbox/BigBox. I just tried that script now and a bunch of errors appear after closing Teknoparrot. Besides, I don't think Teknoparrot needs to save any data while exiting?

10 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Unfortunately though, that script doesn't solve the Teknoparrot issue within Launchbox/BigBox. I just tried that script now and a bunch of errors appear after closing Teknoparrot. Besides, I don't think Teknoparrot needs to save any data while exiting?

Something else is going on then and it is not solely related to the AHK script. The Process, Close may be working because it is a force shutdown (akin to using Force Close in Task Manager) and is not allowing the errors to show.

My recommendation to use that version was as a general rule. Using the Process, Close is a force shutdown as mentioned and the more users spread that script in their settings eventually they will use it with an emulator that does save on shutdown (Higan was the example we first identified this with as it saves game save data when it closes. Can also affect Cemu).  We have been trying to get users away from that but unfortunately new users keep passing that script along in posts. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Something else is going on then and it is not solely related to the AHK script. The Process, Close may be working because it is a force shutdown (akin to using Force Close in Task Manager) and is not allowing the errors to show.

My recommendation to use that version was as a general rule. Using the Process, Close is a force shutdown as mentioned and the more users spread that script in their settings eventually they will use it with an emulator that does save on shutdown (Higan was the example we first identified this with as it saves game save data when it closes. Can also affect Cemu).  We have been trying to get users away from that but unfortunately new users keep passing that script along in posts. 

Yep, unfortunately this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time between Teknoparrot and Launchbox, and I've seen it reported in various places, including other forums. But thanks a lot for the advice/info. In the meantime, I'll only use this script with Teknoparrot and keep it away from any other emulator's configuration. 

12 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Yep, unfortunately this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time between Teknoparrot and Launchbox, and I've seen it reported in various places, including other forums. But thanks a lot for the advice/info. In the meantime, I'll only use this script with Teknoparrot and keep it away from any other emulator's configuration. 

Yeah it has been noted a good bit. Oddly enough it is not affecting everyone. The script I posted works perfectly for me. In fact the version I have uses the $. Have about 5 builds throughout my home/office and they all use that script. 

• Thanks 1