LaunchBox Community Forums

Error: Launchbox fails to launch

Cecil_FF4

LaunchBox fails to launch, displaying an error every time. The app worked months ago on this computer. I recently updated, then it stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same error. Checked the DirectX version, and it's on the latest. OS fully updated.

Text of the error:

"CRITICAL ERROR OCCURRED: Your system has produced unexpected results and LaunchBox cannot continue. Please report the issue on the LaunchBox forums and we will help you resolve the issue."

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.82 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

DirectX: 12

Edited by Lordmonkus to remove details.

This means you are using a pirated license.

If you feel this is an error then you can contact support@unbrokensoftware.com and they can sort you out. Otherwise you can purchase a legitimate license through the website and just drop it into your LB folder and everything will work as it should.

• Lordmonkus changed the title to Error: Launchbox fails to launch
6 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

This means you are using a pirated license.

That's a bit confusing. I've been using the free version of LaunchBox for many, many years now. Has licensing changed within the last few months that there is no longer a free version to use? I do not have a pirated license, or any kind of license for that matter.

There is a free version, just remove the license.xml file from your LB folder if there is one there.

These types of error messages are ones we know are caused by pirated licenses or "crack files" distributed around the net.

If you think there is some sort of error here then please email support@unbrokensoftware.com, we here on the forums cannot help you with this issue beyond what I have told you.

That fixed it, all back to normal now. However, it should be pointed out that that file was not one I put in there. It may have accidentally been distributed in the installer (only downloaded from this site) or in the updater. Either way, thank you for your help.

7 hours ago, Cecil_FF4 said:

That fixed it, all back to normal now. However, it should be pointed out that that file was not one I put in there. It may have accidentally been distributed in the installer (only downloaded from this site) or in the updater. Either way, thank you for your help.

Can you PM me the license you had?