LaunchBox Community Forums

All Killer No Filler lists for all systems?

ArturoGurrola

Hello,

I have too big of a collection of Roms now, that I would like to start trimming it.

It was easy to do for MAME/Arcade with the All Killer No Filler list in these forums. Now I'm wondering if there are similar lists for other platforms.

Sort of like a "consensus" of good games among the Retro Gaming community (forums/reddit/sites).

(I don't necessary mean scripts to trim the Romsets, just plain lists would do).

Thanks.

I did do my own No Filler Consoles edition but never got around to uploading it. It's just my personal lists of games and I only did systems that I actually care about:

Atari 2600
NES
N64
PC Engine
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega SG-1000
SNES / SFC

Just remember I did not do any crowd sourcing for games or use any internet "Top Lists". I Just went through a No-Intro rom set and started picking out games that I liked and games that typically were well received by others. I may have missed some games.

Here is a zip file containing each platforms rom list, spreadsheet and batch file for pulling a set out of a No-Intro set.

No Filler Console.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lordmonkus

I do that for all my systems, like that way you will have a proper set for yourself, and don't have to care about anymore when adding it somewhere else, like f.ex. handhelds. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it, plus you actually get to play the games. 

I only update the sets when f.ex. new translation ROMs that I like get released, other than that, I keep the sets the way they are, not even bothering new MAME sets when they come out, I just keep my .210 set with that version of MAME, and don't bother updating all the time, too many games anyway ?

Going through a C64 set can take a huge amount of time, but for myself I prefer to do that rather than keeping hundreds of "worthless" games, that just clutter your set and you won't play anyways. That's why it's called a hobby, others work on cars, built boats with toothpicks or paint, I just organize ROMs ? 

• 10 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:47 PM, ArturoGurrola said:

Hello,

I have too big of a collection of Roms now, that I would like to start trimming it.

It was easy to do for MAME/Arcade with the All Killer No Filler list in these forums. Now I'm wondering if there are similar lists for other platforms.

Sort of like a "consensus" of good games among the Retro Gaming community (forums/reddit/sites).

(I don't necessary mean scripts to trim the Romsets, just plain lists would do).

Thanks.

Hmm, interesting, I put this together by hand so must have been a mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing out the oversight, I'll correct/update it shortly.

Edited by alexsadi