LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame wont load games

omegakiwi

im using the latest version of mame 0232b, 0202b, 0201b 64bit  with mame2003 Reference Set Mame078 ROMS CHDs Samples, mame2003 Reference Set Mame078 ROMS CHDs Samples, Mame 2003-Plus Reference Set Majority of game load in mame just not in Launch box.

all games imported directly from the Roms folder containing the games and the emulator from the emulator directory where i placed them.

i have deleted the command line -keyboardproveder dinput still no luck 

its is only the games in the arcade platform that run on mame that are having issues they run fine in mame just having no luck getting them to work with launch box

any and all help appreciated

image.png

1 minute ago, omegakiwi said:

im using the latest version of mame 0232b, 0202b, 0201b 64bit  with mame2003 Reference Set Mame078 ROMS CHDs Samples

Your problem is you are using a mismatched version of Mame and rom set. Get a matching rom set to the emulator or vise versa and try again.

Not really sure why this is such a common issue for people when a simple google and forum search will tell you this.

OK I couldn't get the games to load in LaunchBox despite the correct set emulator and rom set and path directories

until i set up the mame configuration directories and set the rom path to mame now launch box recognize all games all is good.

this might seem like a silly post but may be of use for another newbie having trouble and has followed all leads to frustration when its simply set up mame configuration first lol 

2 hours ago, omegakiwi said:

OK I couldn't get the games to load in LaunchBox despite the correct set emulator and rom set and path directories

until i set up the mame configuration directories and set the rom path to mame now launch box recognize all games all is good.

this might seem like a silly post but may be of use for another newbie having trouble and has followed all leads to frustration when its simply set up mame configuration first lol 

Yeah, we are quite clear about this in the wizard, MAME itself needs to know your rompath for things to work.

Untitled.thumb.png.99748c61b626ce61547292e21a158e2c.png