LaunchBox Community Forums

How to update the MetaData for everyone?

GzStation

Hi!

Is there a way to acess the MetaData and update it to correct some information... Like Exemple the new fonction of Manage Game Controller... I have done my own list of Wii Zapper compatible game ( The little gun icone at the back of the box ) I have 26 and the database got 14. I would like to give a hand for all the Wii stuff i done to get the comunity up and running with all the good information. Maybe if the MetaData grab ther information on another website i could make the change there ?  If some one can give me a clue about it. Thank you!

27 minutes ago, GzStation said:

Hi!

Is there a way to acess the MetaData and update it to correct some information... Like Exemple the new fonction of Manage Game Controller... I have done my own list of Wii Zapper compatible game ( The little gun icone at the back of the box ) I have 26 and the database got 14. I would like to give a hand for all the Wii stuff i done to get the comunity up and running with all the good information. Maybe if the MetaData grab ther information on another website i could make the change there ?  If some one can give me a clue about it. Thank you!

The database is open, feel free to contribute to it.

LaunchBox Games Database (launchbox-app.com)

Thank you very much for the link! This is a part of what i am looking for... The new fonction of Manage Game Controller didn't seams to take ther information from there cause there are no information in the database about that from this link. Do you have any other clue ? Thank you very much for your time!

The game controller metadata comes from different data sources. One is located inside your LaunchBox installation under: \LaunchBox\Metadata\GameControllers.xml and is compiled by the dev team from various other sources. The data for arcade games comes directly from your MAME installation and for Steam games from the Steam store.

I don’t know if it’s planned to update that data at some point or even add the controls info to the LaunchBox database. @C-Beats can possibly tell you more about that.

Thanks @CriticalCid and @faeran for the info!

My point is that when i did the update and looked at my Wii list. Some where already set with Manage Game Controller. I know I can change them myself.  I would like to have them all set to the same setting for all my games and be able to share them with the database. Thanks for your help.