Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Throughout the entirety of BigBox, I have slow and stuttery performance, and all the transitions are choppy.  My usage is practically nothing and I have a very good pc. Any ideas? on version 11.12

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for the reply, but the people on the subreddit helped me fix it, the main lag and stutter was do freesync, then it was also slighty better after turning off all settings in video menu. My issue was on any theme, but I'm currenty using Pulse which I like a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, isaac8849 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, but the people on the subreddit helped me fix it, the main lag and stutter was do freesync, then it was also slighty better after turning off all settings in video menu. My issue was on any theme, but I'm currenty using Pulse which I like a lot

Any chance you can elaborate on how you fixed this issue? I am also experiencing soul crushing lag in Big Box with an i9-9900k and a 3080ti running off an nvme drive. Everything was working fine on this setup until a couple of months ago and then it all went to crap. I thought I'd come back after the new release and with my new GPU and see if I faired any better, but nope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blueoasis said:

Any chance you can elaborate on how you fixed this issue? I am also experiencing soul crushing lag in Big Box with an i9-9900k and a 3080ti running off an nvme drive. Everything was working fine on this setup until a couple of months ago and then it all went to crap. I thought I'd come back after the new release and with my new GPU and see if I faired any better, but nope.

If you are talking about the animations not feeling smooth you can try to increase the refresh rate in Big Box options and this will make animations fire layout updates more often which could potentially help (assuming your CPU can keep up with the increased calculation requirements)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you are talking about the animations not feeling smooth you can try to increase the refresh rate in Big Box options and this will make animations fire layout updates more often which could potentially help (assuming your CPU can keep up with the increased calculation requirements)

My frame rate in Big Box was set to 60hz (My tv is capable of 120hz btw). I set it to 120hz and restarted Big Box and everything is exactly the same as before. The background animations on any theme look like they are running at about 5 fps and trying to flip through games in any cover flow based view takes about 3 seconds per game. I only have 1 system imported with about 190 games btw. I'm about ready to just reinstall Windows at this point.

Edited by blueoasis
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, blueoasis said:

My frame rate in Big Box was set to 60hz (My tv is capable of 120hz btw). I set it to 120hz and restarted Big Box and everything is exactly the same as before. The background animations on any theme look like they are running at about 5 fps and trying to flip through games in any cover flow based view takes about 3 seconds per game. I only have 1 system imported with about 190 games btw. I'm about ready to just reinstall Windows at this point.

Search the forum, there are many people who have similar problems. Certain programs apparently cause issues with Launchbox, such as MSI Afterburner or other MSI products. Realtek software such as Nahimic are also named frequently. Certain USB devices apparently also can cause lag, so you could unplug all USB devices you have and then test if the lags go away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've disabled all 3rd party services mentioned, including MSI Afterburner & MalwareBytes. I've disconnected all 3 external usb drives. I've ran chkdisk and found no issues with the nvme that Big Box is installed to. I've read many threads about this issue and have implemented all their suggestions and still have the same performance issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...