LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I update my Launchbox?

puker6

Just now, neil9000 said:

Why??? Whats wrong with the X top right?

I tried that and it didn't close it out fully so then I went through task manager to kill the task, and it still didn't force the update. I would definitely go to the website and attempt the installer but I'm not sure if that will uninstall all the games, etc. And I also do not remeber the account login info for the licensed part of the launchbox, why I'm on this new account for the forums.

1 minute ago, puker6 said:

I tried that and it didn't close it out fully so then I went through task manager to kill the task, and it still didn't force the update. I would definitely go to the website and attempt the installer but I'm not sure if that will uninstall all the games, etc. And I also do not remeber the account login info for the licensed part of the launchbox, why I'm on this new account for the forums.

Oh it prompted me with this after I restarted again. We are pretty sure that we spent the $50 for the lifetime license, but I guess not.

16267930616893819651299530883490.jpg

2 minutes ago, puker6 said:

If you are killing it in task manager that is why you are not getting the prompt, Launchbox saves it's settings when you exit, but you are not exiting it, you are just killing it in task manager so that setting isnt saved. You only need to enter a email to download the setup file, and it wont delete your games.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

If you are killing it in task manager that is why you are not getting the prompt, Launchbox saves it's settings when you exit, but you are not exiting it, you are just killing it in task manager so that setting isnt saved. You only need to enter a email to download the setup file, and it wont delete your games.

Ohhhh, that is a weird feature no offense. So when I click the "OK" to update to a newer version it will only prompt me with me having to enter the email, and the license will be updated?

Quick question, so when transferring the Launchbox/Bigbox combo thingy, can I transfer that with the games that I have and all the settings and what not to a new storage device? And if so what are all the folders I will need? Or do I just eyeball it?

1 hour ago, puker6 said:

Ohhhh, that is a weird feature no offense. So when I click the "OK" to update to a newer version it will only prompt me with me having to enter the email, and the license will be updated?

No, that is not weird at all. It is not uncommon for software to save settings on exit.

1 hour ago, puker6 said:

We have a launchbox premium membership from Dec 2015. Is that the same a lifetime today or am I smoking something lmao?

That depends on if you bought a yearly or a lifetime license.

47 minutes ago, puker6 said:

Quick question, so when transferring the Launchbox/Bigbox combo thingy, can I transfer that with the games that I have and all the settings and what not to a new storage device? And if so what are all the folders I will need? Or do I just eyeball it?

The \Launchbox folder itself is the parent so just copy the whole thing to make it easy. For roms and emulators that would depend on how you set those up and where you chose to save the emulator files and the rom files.

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

No, that is not weird at all. It is not uncommon for software to save settings on exit.

That depends on if you bought a yearly or a lifetime license.

The \Launchbox folder itself is the parent so just copy the whole thing to make it easy. For roms and emulators that would depend on how you set those up and where you chose to save the emulator files and the rom files.

OK thank you.